Profile Picture

ANIMATOR FORUM - post your Questions / Topics / Issues HERE!!!

Posted By DELETED2 11 Years Ago
Rated 3 stars based on 2 votes.

ANIMATOR FORUM - post your Questions / Topics / Issues HERE!!!

Author
animagic
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 55 minutes ago
I missed this topic when it was introduced (I was on vacation), but it is on important one.

Blue, I will remember to animate the hands next time.

With every movie I try to improve a specific aspect. For the previous one it was lighting, this time I want to improve the camera work.

I suspect mark is a DP already, so he has an advantage.

EDIT: I do some of Armstrong's list already...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
9 Years Ago by animagic
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Armstrong (1/2/2015)
So, that's a nice response collectively.

My question.
1. How many people, when setting up the scene at every take, adjust the lighting PER TAKE, PER ANGLE?

That is, every timethe perspective changes, do you adjust the lighting to suit even at the risk of nitpicking continuity?

How?

2. And also, per camera angle per shot, how many of you change the perspective of the physical scene to suit the take re: moving elements(props) in or out, closer or further, bigger or smaller than correct perspective, so that the composition of the take is more aesthetically pleasing to the eye?

And also, how many of you alter the perspective re: focal length to compress or stretch the arena of the take AND incorporate 2. to suit.

3: How many of you ADD fog and adjust the fog to BLACK to simulate "fish frier" lighting in an isolative method to better focus ambient lighting to artificialize ambience into a focussed arenas UNDERNEATH the key lights?

This is what I'm talking about. Cameras and lighting. Clutter and perspective. Make or break.

Odd that nobody brought any of these up.

For now, I'm back at school anyway (modelling) feel like a kid reading up on Einsteinian theoretics. Tongue Which, I think, is basically what it is anyway. Heh!

Blink "...Fried Fish...yum"

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
justaviking (1/3/2015)

You are a rare breed.

Maybesomeday you could be a DP (Director of Photography). Smile

Wasn't your comment something like this :

"When you grow up" you could be a DP (Director of Photography). Smile

-
Sad you felt defensive about such a fine humour and changed the sentence.

I think Mark is sport enough to take such comment in his stride.
Edited
9 Years Ago by prabhatM
mark
mark
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Nah! Still learnin'!!!TongueTongueTongueTongueTongueTongue

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

justaviking
justaviking
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (20.4K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Weeks Ago
prabhatM (1/3/2015)
justaviking (1/3/2015)

You are a rare breed.

Maybesomeday you could be a DP (Director of Photography). Smile

Wasn't your comment something like this :

"When you grow up" you could be a DP (Director of Photography). Smile

-
Sad you felt defensive about such a fine humour and changed the sentence.

I think Mark is sport enough to take such comment in his stride.

You are a quick reader!

Yeah, you are right.  I am 100% certain Mark would understand I meant it in the context of kids talking about when they are older, and wanting to firemen or movie stars or super heroes.

I looked at it and thought, "Someone might think I'm implying he's immature."

You're right, it is sad that I've gotten that sensitive lately.  But "LOL" for you catching my edit.

Well... when *I* grow up...  Wink

iClone 7... Character Creator... Substance Designer/Painter... Blender... Audacity...
Desktop (homebuilt) - Windows 10, Ryzen 9 3900x CPU, GTX 1080 GPU (8GB), 32GB RAM, Asus X570 Pro motherboard, 2TB SSD, terabytes of disk space, dual  monitors.
Laptop - Windows 10, MSI GS63VR STEALTH-252, 16GB RAM, GTX 1060 (6GB), 256GB SSD and 1TB HDD

KenCoon
KenCoon
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.9K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Don't know about Mark but I don't want to grow up. I am enjoying my second childhood.
KenSmile
Capemedia
Capemedia
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Film and Music Producer

Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)Film and Music Producer (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
One thing I look for in all animation not just iClone is great composition of shot / cinematography / rule of thirds.  There are a number of really good videos and tutorial on the web which I've benefited from. 

This is a great read in regards to the Pixar film "The Incredible"

http://floobynooby.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/the-cinematography-of-incredibles-part-1.html

And this is a great video

While great animation is wonderful and within iClone we are getting there.  The framing of a shot is a very powerful technique and sometime's lost on so many promising videos I watch.

But I'll keep learning and adding these techniques to my work until someone likes it Tongue

Cape BigGrin

Score Variations

Capemedia UK Limited's Website

Edited
9 Years Ago by Capemedia
Peter Blood
Peter Blood
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
Capemedia: Smile

An artist cannot afford to ignore the rules of composition if he wants his work to be appreciated. They were developed over a couple of thousand years of mans' journey into artistic expression and we can never be reminded enough of their importance in our work.

In animation I've found that, many times, a scene requires the animator to be able to 'shift' the focus of his composition to follow the action. He should be aware that, his focal element my move or even 'jump' from one element to another. So it becomes necessary to arrange props that don't appear on screen until the end of the shot, in such a way that will frame the 'moved' or 'new' focal element correctly when it becomes the focus of the final camera position.

The difference between a static composition and an animated one is something to keep in mind. Wink

Cool pete

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/d9f2ee62-c67b-4c8e-b3cf-4e36.png
http://www.youtube.com/user/peterblood50?feature=mhee
DELETED2
DELETED2
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.2K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
KenCoon (1/4/2015)
Don't know about Mark but I don't want to grow up. I am enjoying my second childhood.
KenSmile

I'm with you!!! Coolw00tTongueBigGrin

EvilGenius
EvilGenius
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
I'm gonna go out on a limb here but, I am gonna say my physics are wrong. A friend of mine who I have been teaching iClone to approached me with this character. (I know what you're thinking, a guy teaching it to someone who still needs questions answered?) The physics part of iClone has always gotten me. I am just not good at it.

Anyhow, he sent me this scene and character (dunno where he got it from) and it does this...

I turned physics off and it still does it. Anyone have any pointers on how to fix this?

======================================================

Edited
9 Years Ago by EvilGenius

Reading This Topic