Facial Hair and DAZ character in ICLONE

Posted By prabhatM 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
Has anybody worked with a DAZ character with Facial Hair in ICLONE, particularly using Facial Animation ?

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week

I guess you are DigitalCraft on the Daz forum, if not, he?she asked a similar thing and I tried this.

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

yes this an odd thing I never noticed until pointed out
Beards and other conformed facial coverings are not affected by the visemes in a default import of Genesis.
and probably other figures.
it all needs to be added as morphs and in expression editor.

Edited
11 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
SeanMac
SeanMac
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.0K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Hi Wendyluvscatz

Thanks for that tutorial.

I very much want to add facial hair to characters, ditto wigs and various historical hair arrangements. So I am very grateful for any help in this matter.

However I have to tell you that you were concentrating so hard on the nitty-gritty of the painstaking moving of the beard to match the face movements that your voice came and went from the microphone position.

So here am I with all the system volume, Video volume, headset volume turned up to the max and most of the time I cannot work out what you are saying.

I can try and play with it in software to up the volume, but others cannot. I wonder would you mind re-recording the audio?

Regards

Sean

Homebuild i7-2600K @3.4Ghz , 16 Gb, 3.5Tb HDD, Zotac Nvidia GeForce GTX 470; Win 7 64-bit
Resurrected Reallusion products : iClone 5.4, 3DXChange 5; Adobe Creative Cloud sub; Techsmith SnagIt; MusicMaker + Oxygen 49 keyboard ; Kinect for Windows
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

wendyluvscatz (7/10/2013)

I guess you are DigitalCraft on the Daz forum, if not, he?she asked a similar thing and I tried this.

Yes, I did ask on the DAZ forum. Whenever, we do anything new in DAZ, we explore the possibilities in ICLONE because I would like my team to adopt ICLONE in future.

I thank you for your effort and the great tutorial. I hope both DAZ and ICLONE take note of this issue and find a solution in future.

Though we can use this fault creatively. My detective can have a false beard while being in undercover and all these faults ( non-moving or partial moving beard) can add to the comic situation.

Note : If you try a small beard instead of a long beard ( like the one we have on the DAZ character displayed on the DAZ forum) the fault could be a little more pronounced than with the long beard.

sagmoh
sagmoh
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)

where is the mistake ???

i add genesis

add beard

add iCloneFaceKey.duf

run transfer utility

but morph not in the list ?????

Attachments
0002.png (505 views, 22.00 KB)
0003.png (465 views, 31.00 KB)
0004.png (337 views, 3.00 KB)
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sagmoh (8/29/2013)
where is the mistake ???

i add genesis

add beard

add iCloneFaceKey.duf

run transfer utility

but morph not in the list ?????

The ICLONE FaceKey is for the facial muscles, not for the facial hair. Use facial hair's morphs also.

Edited
11 Years Ago by prabhatM
sagmoh
sagmoh
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)Senior Member (354 reputation)

The ICLONE FaceKey is for the facial muscles, not for the facial hair. Use facial hair's morphs also.

Can you tell me how to do it, easy steps

I followed this tutorial step by step but the result was different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLcPFtJl2ww

thank you
Edited
11 Years Ago by sagmoh
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

sagmoh (8/30/2013)

Can you tell me how to do it, easy steps

I followed this tutorial step by step but the result was different

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLcPFtJl2ww

thank you

The tutorial explains how to create keys for the facial muscles on DAZ and then export through FBX.

Follow the same principle. ACTIVATE the morphs for the Facial hair ( various expressions ).

Now you will have same/similar morphs for BOTH facial muscles and the facial hair.

Export as usual through FBX and you will have your facial hair morph in 3DX.

Thanks to the tips/help from Wendy, I got it right. I hope this is helpful to you.

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

I know you PM'd me but I cannot really tell you anymore than what I have in the video.
Some beards have the viseme morphs others need them added via transfer utility, depending on how they were made by their creator but none transfer over to 3DX5 unless the sliders are moved at some point beyond zero on timeline, and they also need to be manually added to each viseme in expression editor.
There is no ready made .duf facial key for beards as they have varying geometry.

Reading This Topic