Reallusion WASD controller

Posted By lundon 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
lundon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I'm looking at an upgrade offer I just received for 3DXchange5 Pipeline and have watched many of the videos tutorials. I want to be able to export to Unity and have seen a number of references to the custom movement script for Unity or the Reallusion WASD controller.

I've only found one reference to download this script and that reference is no longer valid. Is the script part of the upgrade package to the Pipeline version or do I need to download it alone. If it's a download where can I find it?

Thanks
lundon
lundon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)Veteran Member (713 reputation)

Thanks for the info.

Yikes. RL doesn't provide the script. In their tutorial "Bringing iClone Characters to Life in Unity with Scripting", around 5:45, they say "Reallusion has also provided a custom movement script for Unity that you can easily use with your characters as well...". Granted they don't say who they have "provided" it to, but I sure read it that there was a free download available.

Sadly, I'm not talented enough to do my own coding.

Oh, well. Guess that means I'll have to wait until I can contact them during the work week. And I so wanted to make yet another impulse buy this weekend. Smile

Sen
Sen
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hello ,

Try this (file joined ) .

CGTRADER

lundon
lundon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Sen: Thank you very, very much.
lundon
lundon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I already have those scripts. And yes, woooPEEE, now I have the HotKeys script, which will be very useful.
animagic
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
lundon (6/23/2013)
I already have those scripts. And yes, woooPEEE, now I have the HotKeys script, which will be very useful.

Keep us posted about your progress. It is always good to learn from somebody else's experience!

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Edited
11 Years Ago by animagic
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Wh8ile Sw000000p's right, I can't help feel that he may be being a bit too critical on the subject.

Anyhow, there are things to make coding a LITTLE easier so that you don't have to actually write it. (uScript or Anteres Universe). However, you still need to understand the logic of how code works.

And YES I'm fully aware that this type of tool may not help outside of Unity, but if the user can use them to make a game (which peole have) and they are not programmers, then there ya go. Mission complete.

An issue I have is that I'm still struggling to understand some of the concepts of how to put things together. (I understand methods and functions and variables and stuff, but I just can't put anything together with them) It's easier for some than it is for others. For that reason, I started using Game Maker. No it's not 3D, but you can get some decent prototyping done and you can have working games off the ground pretty quickly while you learn the basic logic without having to worry about the exact connectivity of the nodes in uScript or the actual syntax.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
@Dreamcube,I have bought both u-script and Playmaker

U-script node system confuse me ,but Playmaker is so logical and is much fun.

Maybe you should try it? it is so much easier and there are also a lot more help
The forum has more activity and the program updates cycle is faster.

The debug mode is awesome

http://www.hutonggames.com/

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Edited
11 Years Ago by vidi
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hey sw000000p. Thanks for he tips. ... I get the feeling you didn't read my entire post though.

I didn't understand it, and for that reason I moved to a simpler engine. The logic is still being applied and used, just in a simpler way.

The reason they can't make a start to finish tutorial on how to make a game is because what if you want to make a different one? Although making a game from start to finish (even a small one) in uScript and having a tutorial for it would shed a lot of light on things and really give people an idea on how to do it.

Game Maker Studio has one... heck, Unity even has some with normal scripting. (Or they used to anyway don't know if it's still there).

I think that both step by step AND concept tutorials can be rather helpful.

Simply using Step by Step tutorials alone without really explaining the tools won't get you far unless you can use your thinking to use them differently.

As for uScript, having documentation that gives good explanations of the nodes and what they do without sounding so abstract would be great. So a basic description and one or two examples of how the node can be used... for EVERY NODE. This is the reason I couldn't fully use uScript.

And that's why I'm using Game Maker Studio to make some simple games with the same concepts I wanted to use for my Unity ideas minus all the sweet effects and level designs I wanted to use in Unity (which I do know how to make, just don't know how to call in code as of yet)

Being an artist and being a developer are two different things.

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Start with BigDaddy RL's.... Character Controller / Animation Script! [BigGrin]

No, I have made my own FSM Wink

btw btw where is your complete triple A game. Do you want show us?BigGrin

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic