Astronaut

Posted By JasonWynngard 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
JasonWynngard
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Have roamed the web including the NASA site for an astronaut character. Found it easy to find a model suitable for a prop but that's not what i really want. Located a few FBX models supposed to be animated, but 3DXchange saves them as props despite my efforts to convert them to characters.

Saw BigBoss' astronaut cloth pack but not exactly what i want. Only because there is no re-breather backpack which is essential for my intended use. Downloaded BigBoss' G% Gaming character because you could sort of fake a re-breather backpack. BUT BUT BUT BUT BUT, can't get rid of the freaking gun which defeats my intended use of the character.

If anyone has or can create a decent astronaut with a re-breather backpack, I'll buy. Can't understand why 3DXchange won't make an FBX character into an iAvatar as promised. But suspect the problem is the files that claim to be animated. because when put into 3DXchange, you don't see the motion stuff, just body parts etc.

In case it helps, my intended use follows:

I have written an ebook short story about Mars colonists. One character gets caught in a huge dust storm accompanied by one of those giant dustdevils on Mars. He's lifted and thrown a considerable distance so is flailing in the wind before hitting the ground.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Emerald Animation...
Emerald Animation...
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Is this suitable?

JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

reelcheapfilms, first let me thank you for the very swift response. Your astronaut looks like it would fit my needs given how I plan to use it. I'd like to ask a few questions, one or more that might sound dumb but should be asked.

1. Will the model accept standard iClone motions and if so what generation(s)? G1, G2, G3, G4, G5?

2. What price do you wish to be paid for it and how may we arrange that payment?

3. Is this model native to iClone, your creation, or transplanted from another source. If another source, what licensing governs its use?

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

Emerald Animation...
Emerald Animation...
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
If memory serves, it's a G2 avatar. I believe it uses G2 Clone Cloth - bodysuit, so you will need that base. All the accessories and pipes are IClone primitives. There is no other licensing issue as far as I know.

Shoot me your email address and I'll send you the avatar file. No charge.

JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

reelcheapfilms (6/18/2013)
If memory serves, it's a G2 avatar. I believe it uses G2 Clone Cloth - bodysuit, so you will need that base. All the accessories and pipes are IClone primitives. There is no other licensing issue as far as I know.

Shoot me your email address and I'll send you the avatar file. No charge.

Sent you a private message with the email address.

JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hello guys and gals. First, reelcheapfilms, I’m still waiting for the promised Astronaut file and hope you send it. However, I’ve had to move forward to meet a deadline. So, I had to muddle through an effort on my own to do that. Having gotten so much generous help on this forum before, I wish to share that “muddled” file.

Allow me to share a bit about why it exists and looks the way it does. I’ve written a science fiction short story ebook. Because I’m using very small video clips in that book, it is actually what’s called an enhanced or embedded media ebooks. The videos provide an audio-visual experience to key events in the story. In the case of the astronaut, it involves a main character outside and away from the base being caught in a Martian duststorm enclosing one of those giant dust devils (tornadic phenomenon), being picked up and thrown.

For those interested, here s how I made an astronaut avatar:

Used the native iClone Kane character

Put G3 Dylan upper on Kane
Put G3 cloth lower on Kane
Used Fluid 001-b Bump on both upper and lower cloth. It gives a somewhat wrinkled look.

Got helmet from NASA: http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/3d_resources/assets/helmet.html

Got jetpack: http://100seedlesspenguins.deviantart.com/art/Download-SA-Jetpack-Model-181161747   

The jetpack isn’t exactly what I wanted. BUT the story does have the character using a back mounted rocket powered “rock-hopper” to navigate up and down the smaller gorges on Mars.

Colored helmet and shoes safety yellow to fit the ebook story.
Attached the helmet and jetpack to the avatar and animated it.

Was unable to upload my actual file here but think my description will allow folks better skilled than I insight on how to get a fast and maybe dirty astronaut made.

reelcheapfilms, your astronaut is closer to what I really wanted. But once again, I had to move along. The file you offered remains very welcome.

JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thank you to the people who sent me help on he astronaut via private means. I'd like to offer the link to my earlier solo effort in case someone desires it. The help I got provided me with superior astronauts but no reason to let my feeble efforts go to waste, so here it is:

The link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdrtos9hezjfglb/Astronautfinal1.iAvatar

[size=3]How I made it:[/size]
Kane
Put G3 Dylan upper on Kane
Put G3 cloth lower on Kane
Used Fluid oo1-b on both upder and lower cloth
Got helmet and jetpack, nolonger remember where but it free
and royalty free. I suspect from Google Warehouse or one of the
free models sites I have seen in the past.
Colored helmet and shoes safety yellow to fit the ebook story.
Attached the heltmet and jetpack to the avatar and animated it.

sidcs
sidcs
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Hi there!

I'm currently making an educational animated short film(non commercial) and urgently need an astronaut character that can be animated using iclone. I would be grateful if you can send me a link where I can download an astronaut character.

Thanks in advance!

JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Drop me a message next week when I'm back.
PETER-PETER-PETER: If you see this, I've a request. Please allow iClone files to be uploaded for requests like this. OR, setup a designated area where RL can censor/filter requests like this if there's concern about legal infringements.

Edited
9 Years Ago by JasonWynngard
wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

@Jason,

You can attach iClone files to a post if you first zip them.

In Post Options  - just below the Post Reply window - you can see a list of permitted file types, to attach a file just click on "Edit Attachments" then select the file that you want on your PC for uploading- The total attachment size for your member account is 50MB.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic