correct? import to i-devices

Posted By perriced 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
perriced
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hi, do I understand this correctly: when importing from Crazytalk 7 (Mac) to i-devices, the "from" frame seems like it cannot exceed 900? This implies, if I'm understanding correctly, that the project one would like to import to i-devices, cannot be longer than one minute? (two 30-second pieces, max). I ask because I've been trying to import a project that is 1:16 in three, less-than-30-second pieces to no avail. Am I making some grave error of understanding??? (probably!!!) or should I think here on in, in terms of one-minute projects? Thanks for any advice...
Dave
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Dave,

You can export a maximum of 900 frames which is 30 seconds. When you are in the iDevice export settings, it will only allow you to export 900 frames but you can adjust which 900 frames from your project you export.

For example, if you adjust the end frame setting in the export panel to 1000 you will see the start frame will automatically adjust to frame 100 preventing you from exceeding 900 frames limit. So if your project is say 2000 frames, you can select which 900 frames you wish to export.

Hope this helps.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

perriced
perriced
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Peter, thanks. This is what I'd assumed, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I'll re-visit and look for something I'm missing now that you've confirmed, thanks, DaveBlush

10 minutes later, still embarrassed as the up arrow at "900" is greyed-out. Now I know I'm really missing something. A mis-placed slider/marker? See, embarrassing, screen shot attachment.
Attachments
Edited
11 Years Ago by perriced
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Hi Dave,

Have you tried typing in the correct frame numbers into the Export settings boxes. For example type 100 in the start box and 1000 in the end box (Hit Return to make sure the number is set)

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

perriced
perriced
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter, so sorry. You are saying I should be able to put a value higher than 900 in the left box, yes? That I should be able to save any 900 frame section anywhere on a project?
If so, I think I'm going crazy. I just can't seem to get a number greater than 900 in the left box, typing, whatever. I can put any value in the right, but the left...900 is max. I can only think that it must be that i have Standard as opposed to Pro or some such?? something that I am overlooking.
Egad, don't let me bother you too much more about this.
Dave
Edited
11 Years Ago by perriced
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi Dave,

Apologies but there does seem to be a bug that prevents the left export setting from showing higher than frame 900. We will need to correct this.

To work around this issue for now, leave the default setting of 1 to 900 in the export settings but then drag the end frame red triangle under the Play Bar to the desired position. You will see that when you drag this end triangle, the start triangle will move as well. The distance between the two red triangles will remain at 900 frames wherever you position them. If you need to go back the other way just drag the start triangle instead.

Using this method you can export 900 frames from any part of your project, even though the actual numbers shown in the left export counter will not show higher than 900.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

perriced
perriced
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter, thanks. No problem. Nice to clear it up, sort it out. Dave

Reading This Topic