Clone bone

Posted By tuttut_nut 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
tuttut_nut
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I have an OBJ character that is not rigged and really want to use it. 3dxchange obviously can't convert it and I saw a reply on the forum that the best way would be to use clonebone to animate....which sounds great.

My question really is how to break down the parts of the body to reattach to the clone bone. Which program would be needed? Any advice or pointers to tutorials would be great.

Thanks
seppgirty
seppgirty
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)Veteran Member (697 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
First off... 3d x-change CAN convert .obj..

is the model a single mesh? if it is then you would have to cut it into pieces and add faces to close in the holes....

maybe post a pic of the model so we can see it.....

Gamer, Lover, Filmmaker
mark
mark
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 2 days ago
If it is in "pieces & parts" this old tute I did awhile back might help a little...

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

tuttut_nut
tuttut_nut
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Thanks for your replies. The figure is The Joker, I have attached a picture of the model. I brought it into 3dxchange and all the buttons for converting were greyed out. I looked about on the forum and it seemed to be suggested in one post that as a model was not rigged it wouldn't allow it. The post went on to say that Clone Bone could be the answer. I have tried to do that but finding it tricky, would probably find it easier to chop bits up and piece together. Not sure why the buttons would be greyed out but it would be great if i am missing something....as it would make my life a lot easier.BigGrin
Attachments
joker.jpg (157 views, 98.00 KB)
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
No, clone Bone would not work in this case . This is only suitable for robot character

You must rig and weight your model in a 3D package that can handle this . e.g Blender or DAZ studio (free)

Then you can with xchange converted your bones in a iClone Bone format.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Reading This Topic