Custom Shirt Doesnt Look Right

Posted By EvilGenius 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
EvilGenius
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 days ago
I added a custom shirt and cannot get it to look right.

Then I decided to replace the upper arm sprite with the entire shirt and mask out everything except the sleeve. That left me with this problem.

The bottom portion of the arm is gone and now the top of the sleeve separates from the shirt and doesn't look right.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can take clothes I find online and make them look right?

======================================================

prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
EvilGenius (5/23/2013)
I added a custom shirt and cannot get it to look right.

Then I decided to replace the upper arm sprite with the entire shirt and mask out everything except the sleeve. That left me with this problem.

The bottom portion of the arm is gone and now the top of the sleeve separates from the shirt and doesn't look right.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can take clothes I find online and make them look right?

I have not worked with CTA. But I think the SLEEVE should be part of the ARM, not the custom shirt. Then the sleeve will move along with the arm.
Edited
11 Years Ago by prabhatM
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Yes, you have to break the shirt up for each body part and then replace/add those sprites.

It is similar to photo fitting a body if you are using an image.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
11 Years Ago by jlittle
EvilGenius
EvilGenius
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.9K reputation)

Very good suggestion Jeff thank you. I was completely skipping actor creation and had hoped to accomplish what I wanted through the Character Composer.

I guess there is no getting around it, I have to go through the actor creator.

Thanks again.

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
EvilGenius (5/23/2013)
Very good suggestion Jeff thank you. I was completely skipping actor creation and had hoped to accomplish what I wanted through the Character Composer.

I guess there is no getting around it, I have to go through the actor creator.

Thanks again.

You do not have to go through the actor creator. You can break the shirt up externally into three pieces and import them in the character composer. But you'll also need to add the upper arm to the sleeves externally as well, then just import a new 2 new upper arms (your sleeves) as well as the torso.
EvilGenius
EvilGenius
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I have been going absolutely crazy trying to get my custom shirt to look right but have had zero luck. I just cannot get it to look how it is supposed to. Can someone give me some pointers? I have watched just about every tutorial video and have tried my best to properly mask the arms and still cannot get it right. Here is what I am working with.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
EvilGenius (7/18/2013)
I have been going absolutely crazy trying to get my custom shirt to look right but have had zero luck. I just cannot get it to look how it is supposed to. Can someone give me some pointers? I have watched just about every tutorial video and have tried my best to properly mask the arms and still cannot get it right.

What is the problem?
Do you have the shirt broken up as shown below?

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Edited
11 Years Ago by jlittle

Reading This Topic