How do I add more voices to TTS?

Posted By Veridico 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rampart
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Don't think you can change your male voice to a female with screaming bee/morphvox.  I tried everyway possible. The developer refunded my money.
You can do as good or better with "audacity" and it is free.
I rarely buy female or children characters, because I can't do the voices well enough.

This would be a good additional sub-forum for RL. 
A forum where members exchange voice overs among themselves.

I have some sources for voice overs among women and children, but the quality can vary dependent upon the equipment they use.
My microphones and audio equipment are good, but I have to do the voice over recordings of my helping friends - myself.
Some people will participate, if you can make it very easy for them.
It is my understanding there are some sites where people are willing to make voice overs with good equipment --- cheap.
Forget about good actors when you go cheap, unless you have some talented family members willing to help out.

I bought the TTS voice pak off RL couple years back, and I have had some luck running those voice files through audacity.
Somewhat extreme in some instances, but passable.
You can tweak synthesized voices. There are some tricks you will learn with experience that make them better for listeners.

When people complain about the voices my response is simple.   I say, :"you are watching a not for real animation video, does it make sense to have real voices?"
Disney and all the movie makers use real actors because they sell the actors with their productions.  People recognize the actor voices and it has more appeal to viewers.

Good luck

Edited
8 Years Ago by rampart
Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
TRY VOXAL
http://www.nchsoftware.com/voicechanger/index.html?gclid=CMWy9qj3ic0CFQIfhgodCaQN7A
It is
Voxal Voice Changer Plus - Commercial License
Unlimited license for a user anywhere more info...
$30$19.99*

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Alien Maniac
Alien Maniac
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Almost forgot
I have a post here for human voice volunteers.....ask them.
https://forum.reallusion.com/285562/Voice-over-needed

MSI GE66 Raider, Intel 10th Gen, I7, SC Turbo to 5.3 GHZ, 240HZ, 64GB 3300 Ram,  2x 1TB M2 SSD Drives, NVIDIA GPU RTX 2070/8GB, 55" Sony 4K Monitor  External data drives total 7 TB. and an AUDIO Studio Recording system.

Reading This Topic