How to fix foot pose of genesis in 3dxchange

Posted By cimjd 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cimjd
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Does anyone know how to fix the foot pose of the genesis character in 3dxchange? I will include an attachment to show the problem I'm experiencing.
Attachments
foot pose.JPG (1.4K views, 190.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
Obviously try to make sure you have applied the correct foot pose in Daz Studio 4.5 first.

Then if you still have this issue in 3DXchange5, select "Convert To Non-Standard Character" and then select "lFoot" from the Scene Tree. Now use the Rotate Object (E) to reposition the foot as required. Then do the same with "lToe". Finally repeat for the right foot. That should do it. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

cimjd
cimjd
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)

Will try and let you know the results.
majorlance
majorlance
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
I've followed the suggestion in this thread, but the only problem is that with pumps the heel of the shoe moves down thus the heel of the foot is sticking out.  It looks very awkward. It does, however, seem to work for sandals and boots.  Still looking for a solution for the pumps.  Any ideas?
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
majorlance (9/26/2013)
I've followed the suggestion in this thread, but the only problem is that with pumps the heel of the shoe moves down thus the heel of the foot is sticking out. It looks very awkward. It does, however, seem to work for sandals and boots. Still looking for a solution for the pumps. Any ideas?

---------------This is a (Quoted Reply) < ------------- For those that don't know how to reply to another persons posting, so you know who said what.

In the attached image, the characters floor height was raised and the contact lowered, but it is a simple process in 3DXchange5 once the heels are flattened and the Toe is turned up. Just look for a great set of calves in real life, walking around in heels. The profile can be reused on all Genesis characters after it's created.

Personal Observation: I've yet to see a great pair of legs on a woman who wears "practical shoes" all the time. You will see that a woman wearing heels is literally suffering for her beauty, to make those legs look good.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
cimjd
cimjd
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Is there any way that you can show the numbers that you used to raise and lower contact? I cannot recreate what you have done.
Chief Whiteowl
Chief Whiteowl
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)Senior Member (328 reputation)

Last Active: Last Month
A way I found easy to do is to import into 3dxchange and when prompt "Do you want to convert it to a non-standard (talking) Character" select No. Align Character to ground then scroll down to convert to non-standard character. after you select that, save the T-pose. Change the bone structure preset to Daz4 Genesis and straighten out the fingers, save the new T-pose over the previous one and keep it somewhere you will remember. Then every time you import a character with heels just load that T-pose.
majorlance
majorlance
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)Veteran Member (990 reputation)

Just in case anyone still has problems with this and would like to take care of it all on the DAZ side before 3dx5 I hope the following images will help.

Before exporting your character from DAZ as an .fbx file select the right or left foot, in parameters lock the bend, side-side, and twist sliders.  Do the same for the toes and big toe. Repeat for opposite foot.

Next select the right or left high heel shoe, in parameters lock the X rotate, Y rotate, and Z rotate sliders.  Repeat for opposite shoe.

Nothing is necessary in 3dXchange.  When the character is applied to iclone it works fine.  The third photo shows the heels during the Gwynn walk motion.

Hope this helps!

Attachments
heelsfix02.JPG (1.2K views, 149.00 KB)
heelsfix03.JPG (1.1K views, 151.00 KB)
heelsfix04.JPG (1.2K views, 69.00 KB)
cimjd
cimjd
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thank you Majorlance I have been experimenting for a long time with this, but it never occurred to me to fix things on the Daz end. You guys in this forum are a wealth of information for a guy like me. I am going to post the results that I got by following your advice just in case anyone has any doubts about this. Guys this works great, once again thank you very much.
Attachments
Heel Snip.PNG (915 views, 148.00 KB)
Heel snip2.PNG (916 views, 284.00 KB)
Heel Snip3.PNG (1.5K views, 403.00 KB)
majorlance
majorlance
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

You're welcome, cimjd. 

I found the turn the toe in 3dx5 worked well for sandals, but it made high heels slide down in the back. 

I remember wendyluvscatz had mentioned something about making sure the shoe was fit well in DAZ before exporting.  I had assumed that just applying the foot pose and the shoes took care of that, but her comment prompted me to investigate further.  Trial and error.

Reading This Topic