Profile Picture

How to modify image?

Posted By psimedia_20130111091939521... 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
psimedia_20130111091939521...
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)Senior Member (490 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Sorry for the noob question. I have CT7 Pro. I have created a project, but I wish to modify my imported image. How can I do this without having to go through the face fitting procedure all over again?

TIA!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi..

In CrazyTalk 7 if you want to modify the actual facial image, then you will need to go through the fitting process again after reloading the new edited image.

However if your image is part of a saved project, then the new edited image can be loaded straight back into the project and all facial animation and lip-sync will remain unchanged.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

supertema
supertema
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/23/2013)
Hi..
However if your image is part of a saved project, then the new edited image can be loaded straight back into the project and all facial animation and lip-sync will remain unchanged.

What do you mean?
If i have project and want to add brows in my image of actor, for example. So how can i replace image of actor in my project?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

supertema (6/8/2014)
Peter (RL) (4/23/2013)
Hi..

What do you mean?
If i have project and want to add brows in my image of actor, for example. So how can i replace image of actor in my project?

Please note the information below is for CrazyTalk 7. This is not for CrazyTalk Animator.

It means that if you have an existing project which has facial animation and speech in it, you can simply load a new actor from Content Manager and the actor will inherit all the facial animation and lip-sync already in the project.

If you want to add brows to an existing CT7 character, then you will need to do the changes to the source image in an image editor or drawing package. Then run it through "Actor Creator" again in CT7 and save as a new actor. Then load it back into your saved project.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

crazyAnim
crazyAnim
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)Junior Member (232 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/23/2013)
It means that if you have an existing project which has facial animation and speech in it, you can simply load a new actor from Content Manager and the actor will inherit all the facial animation and lip-sync already in the project.

Hm, this is either not true or I did something wrong but what?
I created a new actor from an image and just went through the motions without any adjustments because if the above was true I would not need any. Saved the actor. Opened a project which had all the facial information, teeth settings, speech audio etc in place and applied the newly-added actor, hoping it would "inherit all the facial animation" etc. It didn't.

Of course the easiest would have been to open the previously completed actor and simply replace the image with the adjusted one, but this is still impossible (ridiculous oversight, really).
Any hope of interim product updates?

Thanks.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

crazyAnim (10/26/2015)
Peter (RL) (4/23/2013)

Hm, this is either not true or I did something wrong but what?
I created a new actor from an image and just went through the motions without any adjustments because if the above was true I would not need any. Saved the actor. Opened a project which had all the facial information, teeth settings, speech audio etc in place and applied the newly-added actor, hoping it would "inherit all the facial animation" etc. It didn't.

Of course the easiest would have been to open the previously completed actor and simply replace the image with the adjusted one, but this is still impossible (ridiculous oversight, really).
Any hope of interim product updates?

Thanks.

You must be doing something wrong because this certainly does work.

Try opening one of the sample projects like "13_Flirting" and then switch to the Actor tab and apply a different actor. The project should then playback with all the same audio and facial animation but with the new actor instead of the original. 

Do ensure you are adding a saved actor from the Actor tab, not another saved project even if it only has an actor in it. It isn't possible to merge projects.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic