Material adjustment in 3Dxchange for DAZ Genesis

Posted By cimjd 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
cimjd
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the eyelashes of a genesis character in 3Dxchange. I have watched the youtube tutorial over and over and I still can't get it. I am attaching a image of my 3Dxchange character.
Attachments
aiko 5.JPG (292 views, 139.00 KB)
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
cimjd (4/22/2013)
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the eyelashes of a genesis character in 3Dxchange. I have watched the youtube tutorial over and over and I still can't get it. I am attaching a image of my 3Dxchange character.

You will find that if you change the overall model UV Map to, Box ("Z") for example, in the lower material editor section of 3DXchange5 (Shortcut "U"), the whole model mapping will go "WONKY", but after doing so, and choosing UNDO, the model and lashes will appear correctly. It is a problem with interpretation of *.TGA opacity.

iClone and 3dXchange do not like TGA images. Choose the Eyelashes and apply a Material (*.iMtl) instead.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
cimjd
cimjd
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)Veteran Member (857 reputation)

Thanks for the helpful knowledge. I will try that and let you know the results.
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
cimjd (4/22/2013)

Convert the EyeLash.TIF ( in your FBX conversion directory) to EyeLash.TGA (32 bit) in Photoshop. Then load this TGA file in the Diffuse option for eyes in ICLONE. The lashes will look perfect, though you may have problem of having extra line around the lashes when you are in Toon Rendering option. Try a temporary fix with Alpha Threshold in the material/texture option for the Eyelashes in this case. The extra line around the lashes would go away, but the lashes would thicken up, though still good for mediem and long shots.
Edited
11 Years Ago by prabhatM
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
You can simply select the diffuse map of they eyelash (or anything else) and click "embed external texture" and the opacity map will appear in the opacity channel. For some reason, it doesn't always display correctly here, but after you convert your character, the eyelashes will appear correct.

This will increase the overall file size of your avatar, but it will protect your textured character if you ever lose the images or they become corrupt.

Edited
11 Years Ago by rcsinger29
cimjd
cimjd
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks for all your suggestions and knowledge guys. I am trying all of your tips to see which one gets the best results. After I find out I will post the best tip to help others who run into this.
cimjd
cimjd
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

rcsinger29 you are a life saver. I followed your instructions and bam a greatly improved image. If anyone is having this problem follow his tip on this issue. I will add attachments of the image in 3Dxchange and Iclone. With a few more adjustments I think it will be perfect. For anyone looking for comparison images look at my original post and then look at these new ones. Fantastic.
Attachments
Aiko 2.JPG (277 views, 167.00 KB)
Aiko 3.JPG (272 views, 152.00 KB)
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

cimjd (4/24/2013)
rcsinger29 you are a life saver. I followed your instructions and bam a greatly improved image. If anyone is having this problem follow his tip on this issue. I will add attachments of the image in 3Dxchange and Iclone. With a few more adjustments I think it will be perfect. For anyone looking for comparison images look at my original post and then look at these new ones. Fantastic.

Could you please show us how do the eyelashes of this character look in TOON SHADING? Are they this clean ?
Edited
11 Years Ago by prabhatM
cimjd
cimjd
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

I personally am not sure how to do what you are asking. I'm still new at this . The earlier post by prabhatM may shed some insight.
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

cimjd (4/25/2013)
I personally am not sure how to do what you are asking. I'm still new at this . The earlier post by prabhatM may shed some insight.

Just go to Stage>>Atmosphere >> Toon Shader ( on the right Hand side Panel)

Activate Toon Shader. Zoom in to eyes and let us see the result. I am curious. I have had problem with eyelashes in Toon Shading though they looked perfect in normal Pixel Shader.
Edited
11 Years Ago by prabhatM

Reading This Topic