Fresh install help Please

Posted By MasterMikeDa1 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
MasterMikeDa1
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
Hi,

I read the posts here and was ready to give the fresh install a shot.  Following the instructions I could not find the RL uninstall icon in any of my program folders. Iclone  or 3dxchange.  So what would be the best way to this with the uninstaller missing?  I really don't know why, but it's not in any of my programs.  Thanks for your time.

Mike

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
hrmm, strange, on windows 7 you should be able to access it through the control panel / program uninstall panel. What OS are you on ? if on 8, perhaps someone else with more experience with 8 can chime in.

Edited
11 Years Ago by planetstardragon
MasterMikeDa1
MasterMikeDa1
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)Veteran Member (954 reputation)

Hi,

I am on windows 7, 64 bit.  My major concerns with doing this is so that I can get access to the 64 bit version which I didn't get by just adding the patches.  But I don't want to have to re-install all my content or use up my number of re-installs with iclone.  I guess with the uninstall icons missing I have no choice but to use the add/remove programs in the control panel?  Do you know if I will have to re-install all my content, if I remove the program that way?  Thanks.

Mike

planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
you should be fine, the content is located in your documents section, and the uninstall just goes for the program itself as default - unless otherwise instructed. Plus you really should back up as a precaution anyways!! No such thing as a fail safe computer system.

For your uninstall make sure you are online when you uninstall so the uninstaller connects with reallusion on the internet to credit your software count - the control panel uninstaller uses the software uninstaller so technically it's the same thing - just from a different approach. Your uninstaller should still be in your system, the other icons are just shortcut / links to the uninstaller.exe file.

aside from that, the RL guys are friendly, they will help you if anything went bad. RL is very supportive of their honest users, but these things are in place for users that like to exploit software - it's more like a checkpoint than a restriction.

MasterMikeDa1
MasterMikeDa1
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks a lot, I'll go ahead and give it a try.

Mike

Reading This Topic