Preset for Automatic Full-Talking Character Import

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 hours ago
rcsinger29 (3/12/2013)
I tried to download the updated pack but I was not clear on specifically WHAT link to use.

It's the first link, for the converted DAZ characters that are installed for iClone. The characters for use in DAZ didn't change it looks like.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Right you are! It is installed but not activated. Good thing I don't use it. The visemes are there and export just fine with the rule.
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 7 days ago
@rampa

I have toyed with this a bit in the 64 bit version and have found that entering "head." into the match field and setting to export will load every possible head morph included with DAZ. The problem is, only the head rotation and eyes actually transform the mesh.

I used the .ctrlvs and the same thing happened, all the viseme's loaded in the morph list, but did not have any effect on the mesh inside 3dx.

What do you do, step by step, after you load your character, prior to export.

This is a MUCH easier way to customize your morphs.

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

nevermind... For some reason, the model I loaded up would not morph. I loaded an Aiko "tomb Raider" avatar and it works fine.

note, I created an export rule called "head."  - export.

This exports every possible head morph there is. all the viseme's, all face morphs, all head morphs.

This imports 113 unique head morphs on my system, including all the emotion morphs I have. (expressive for genesis - emotional morphs such as fear, anger, sadness, etc.)

Edited
11 Years Ago by rcsinger29
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Alright, I'll see what I can do.Smile

I'm starting at the export from DAZ stage. I have not added any animation.

Export your file as FBX, and set your export rules. NOTE: The .CTRL morphs might not all show up on the DAZ parameter dials. I went and looked through the list in there folder. This also made it easy to copy the names for the rule names if I did not want the whole morph family. The CTRL morphs are located at:
C:\Users\YourDirectory\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis\Base\Morphs

You'll find the others there too in different folders.

Next I imported my avatar into 3DX. Selected "import animation". Said yes to everything that popped up.

At this point, you should be able to click on any morph in the side panel and see it on your avatar. I have selected the "AA" viseme.

If you see the morph, go ahead and open the expression editor. Select a morph picture (AA viseme, in my case), and find it in the list on the right. Now slide its slider up to 100%.

Hit the "save" button. I like to hit the auto button so I don't have to hit save.

Edited
11 Years Ago by rampa
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Thanks Rampa

Using the Export rule "head." - "export", I was able to export emotion morphs and configure them using the custom morph panel.

Angry

Fear

This is such a powerful tool, as angry as I was when this first came out, I must say that RL certainly did a fantastic job on these updates. I apologize again for my attitude, but at first it seemed disappointing.

Some really interesting effects may be possible with the puppet using certain body morphs.

an example which I plan to work on shortly, is to export some head and full body morphs to take a model from victoria 5 (adult) and morph her into a young teen.

Morph a male from muscular to pot bellied, all in real time.

Edited
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

That looks great!

Dig through DAZ CTRL and other morphs, as there are side-side jaw morphs hiding in there. Also a wide open mouth that should be good for jaw drop.
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rampa (3/13/2013)
That looks great!

Dig through DAZ CTRL and other morphs, as there are side-side jaw morphs hiding in there. Also a wide open mouth that should be good for jaw drop.

Yeah, if you use the export rule "head."

It loads 113 morphs in my panel, including the left/right jaw, pucker, pucker wide, cheeks balloon, With this particular character, I made 3 different custom puppet profiles, one with the preset expressions, one with pucker and cheek balloon, and one with mixed morphs for unique expressions.

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I'm likin' these rules. Here's my minimal set. Hardly gives any extra, and there were not to many rules to enter easily.

Edited
11 Years Ago by rampa
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I like what you have done for general characterization of an avatar.

I will probably steal your scheme for general mapping of characters. Right now I am just playing around and seeing what all you can do. I particularly like the expressions. Cheek Balloon and pucker are pretty cool. ATM, I am trying to figure out how to export body morphs to try to animate muscular morphs and things like head proportion, morphing from one character to the next, (ala-terminator).

EDIT: What are the other families called? "head." works but does not include things like crows feet and other head morphs. Torso? feet? what are the other names?

Edited

Reading This Topic