Preset for Automatic Full-Talking Character Import

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
Rated 5 stars based on 1 vote.

Author
Cricky
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It was worth a shot to check. It looks like you did everything correctly, so that leads to a few possibilities.

1. Did you SELECT All, before exporting? If you did, then the possibility is that the export itself didn't work as planned, or...

2. Either DAZ itself needs an update, or has an FBX export error. I have seen it happen where one time it works and the next time not, or vice-verse.

3. Could be you just need to re-install 3DXchange5, as the install itself is corrupt.

I just now did a few tests, to make sure the steps I show in the clip still apply after the release and update, and it all still works for me.

Good Luck.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
animagic
animagic
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 18 minutes ago
I think the rush to get the Facial Animation Pipeline Pack out at the same time as the upgrade has led to some major confusion, with some people assuming they had to buy it without it being necessary, which is unfortunate.

I also hope the RL takes the time to get someone with clear diction who is not in a rush to get a tutorial out about al this. Written documentation would even be better. Right now it's as clear as mud...

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

ArchAngjel
ArchAngjel
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)Senior Member (410 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Oki finally got it thx for your help. I had been selecting the genesis model which up to now has exported everything hair, clothes, shoes, and even attached props into iclone but as far as I can tell it's the only thing I changed so that could be it.

I was thinking of reaching into the screen screaming "Talk damn you!" while strangling my characters. So I thank you as do my characters for avoiding such an embarrassing outburst BigGrin

P.S. As for me I did understand the .duf wasn't absolutely needed but as a time saver I felt/feel it is needed for full appreciation of the 5.4 update expecially since it does auto map the visemes after all.
Edited
11 Years Ago by jonblade1
Artman009
Artman009
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I think Reallusion really dropped the ball with this.

Ever since the release of 3DXchange 5, iClone users have been eagerly awaiting for the ability to control facial animation with the DAZ Genesis model, and after all of that waiting, it finally gets released… but lacking any automated process. THAT is a feature that will cost you extra by having to purchase an additional (and unnecessary) 'Facial Pipeline Character Pack'. Talk about disappointment.

I cannot help but feel a little letdown by Reallusion.

-- Artman009

rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
I share your disappointment Artman,

The DUF file should be provided at NO COST to those of us who have already paid for the DAZ Genesis pack a year ago. I upgraded to 3dx pro for this purpose and this purpose alone. I bought the Daz Intorductory Content Pack, I purchased hundreds and hundreds of content for DAZ, for this purpose. And now, after all of this, I have only a handful of expressions that I must spend a significant amount of time adjusting. This was marketed all along as if we were going to get this for free, but now it does appear that the automation of Daz import with facial will cost another chunk of change.

I say again, I am very interested in the pack and will almost certainly buy it because of the dummy prop rig and the gamebone character. but the DUF for full daz animation should be provided at no cost.

shygirl
shygirl
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
This is my first attempt at using facial animation.

Shy Tongue

"O wad some Power the gift tae gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

Edited
11 Years Ago by shygirl
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

2 questions I am begging someone to answer.

1.) What exactly does game bone allow yo uto do? can you rig an non skinned object with it?

2.) are all the necessary morphs for iclone facial puppet included in DAZ or were some specific morphs purchased/created for the iclonefacekey.duf?

upnote, here is an example of the difference between the spring and extended bones using the same rig. This feature is awesome.

Edited
11 Years Ago by rcsinger29
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

O.K.

If you still do not have the iclonefacekey.DUF and you are still having problems with your DAZ facial animation. I've got your answer.

1.) Install the 32 bit version of DAZ Studio 4.5. Install all of the programs provided with the ZIP archive.

http://www.daz3d.com/daz-studio-4-pro/

2.) Load your character. The libraries are the same even though the directories are not.

3.) Select your characters head (not sure if necessary).

4.)Select "Window" - "Panes" - "Lip Sync" from the top menu.

Lip sync is not available in the 64 bit version unless you purchase mimic.

5.) select "Load" from the "Lip Sync" window.

6.) Select a file, I myself chose "JackJill_Female.

7.) Click Analyse

8.) Once this finishes, open the timeline to ensure your character lip syncs the words.

9.) Click "File" - "Export"

10.) FBX format, name your file, make sure that Animation and Morphs are selected in the FBX Export options.

11.) click "Edit Morph Export Rules"

12.) Delete everything except the "Final - Anything - Bake" line.

13.) Export the file.

You will see the avatar make all sorts of winking and talking motions as the file exports.

14.) When in 3dx5.4, open the FBX, make sure import animation is checked.

15.) when the dialogue box opens, click Yes to let it do half the work for you.

16.) the head and eyes will already be mapped, the jaw must be adjusted with the sliders.

17.) continue with the morph mapping for your exporessions.

*** You will not have a Jaw Left/Right option ***

***you will not have an inner and outer brow - only L brow and R Brow***

Make sure you save your expression profile, you will need one for each character base you have (Aiko, Victoria, Michael, Freak, Stephanie, Etc)

Once this has been done, you can export the character OR you can select "Convert to non Standard character and map your extra bones.

In the upper right corner, you will see a head with some bones, this is theface/extended bone mapping tool. Any unused bones can be assigned as extended. Some DAZ clothing, Hair, and props have bones that can be mapped to extended. There are also bones in the breasts.

select all the unused bones and click the mustache button under the bone tags menu to assign them as extended.

Once these bones have been mapped to extended, click convert.

Now, select "Edit Spring" in the side panel to assign spring properties to select bones. Select your extended bones in the left panel, then avtivate spring and mess with the settings until you are happy with the result. There are preview motions at the bottom you can view. Be careful, if you are wanting to watch the animation again, clock the stop button in the 3dx timeline, not the apply button.

Once you are satisfied with all your spring settings, click apply. You should be ready to export to iclone at this point.

***note, spring can be turned on and off inside iclone. This is particularly useful with items like capes and rigged hair. In any frame, you can turn spring off and articulate the bones manually, once the manual animation sequence is over, you can turn spring back on and the extended bones will act as a pinned cloth, hair, or other spring item***

I hope this helps

In the RAR, you will find a Batman and Superman avatar as well as a project. These are the same rig (maya with added bones in cape). In the roject batmans spring is off while supermans is on. It is the same project from above, minus the iClorama HDRI, this is available in the marketplace.

If you load the characters in 3dxchange, you will see a rig similar to the game bone rig. these are facial bones you must assign to the face, eyes to each respective eye, and lips and jaw to the jaw. I will upload another character momentarily that is the same rig, but without any of these bones mapped so you can do it yourself. All of these models were free at 3dxtras or one of the other sites.

The superman body only characer is a maya rig with only the body mapped. You will have to map the eyes, face, mouth, and extras yourself.

there are 4 buttons on the bottom you will need in the face/extended mapping panel.

Right eye (select only the right eye before you click this button)

Left Eye (Select only the left eye before you click this one)

Jaw (select all lip and jaw bones, then click this button)

The remaining bones in the face area should be mapped to face. This will allow you to set expressions.

The "unused" bones that are left should be mapped as extended, then you can add spring and/or manually animate these bones inside iclone.

stay tuned for "Hair Morphs"

Edited
11 Years Ago by rcsinger29
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 34 minutes ago
I know where you can get some additional morphs for the inner and outer eye, and a whole lot more.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis

You need to sign up for a free account to download, but it's well worth it. Lots of free clothing as well.

Don't be put off by the "Victoria" name, as many of these morphs are just as suitable for your male avatars.
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rampa (3/12/2013)
I know where you can get some additional morphs for the inner and outer eye, and a whole lot more.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/58198/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/DieTryings-182-V4-Morphs-for-Genesis

You need to sign up for a free account to download, but it's well worth it. Lots of free clothing as well.

Don't be put off by the "Victoria" name, as many of these morphs are just as suitable for your male avatars.

If they are free, can you upload them here?

Reading This Topic