CloneCloth equivalent for DAZ (Genesis) characters

Posted By sharad.inc 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
sharad.inc
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
Can someone enlighten me on how to dress up the DAZ Genesis characters in iClone? I was hoping there would be a DAZ equivalent of iClone's CloneCloth (Male and Female) - but I have not found any - to my utter surprise.
Will my DAZ characters have to wear the same costume in iClone all the time, if I refuse to buy separate costumes from the DAZ stores? I hope not.

Best regards
S
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Hi Sharad,

They are 2 completely different systems that simply share assets - iclone character designs and approach is completely different than daz - the final products produced by either product is interchangeable.

I started using Daz myself recently and I appreciate your concern, what I did / am doing is buying certain elements that are morph friendly in Daz so I can change shapes quickly and texture them quickly in Iclone. This way I don't have to buy new clothing everytime I want to change my outfit. I want a short dress or pants....I'll grab a morphing dress in Daz , make it short with whatever texture, port it to iclone and start playing around with the graphics. If i want something like frills, then I'll export the model part in 3DX5 to a program like sculptris and give it frills then port it back in. It's not that bad and is actually more fun to have the freedom to go under the hood and do some really original work.

We have a friendly supportive community, so if you post about a particular project you want to do, chances are you will find someone who will share one of their techniques with you to make it happen. Buying the content is always the quickest solution, and whether you buy or customize with 3rd party products, you will always spend either time or money. So my suggestion is to consider all your options before you invest any time or money into them. Some people would rather learn to make the outfits by hand so they can make anything, other people would rather just spend 10 dollars and have it done in a few minutes. I do a little of both so I can have content that's easy to tweak in 3rd party software so I don't have to spend too much time or too much money.

Cheers.

silpa.mulpuri
silpa.mulpuri
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi Planet,

Iam using Daz introductory content pack in iclone. If I take the scoopbackmini character and I want to change the texture of her dress. Is it possible to do that in iclone? or Is there any other solution by using any 3rd party software?

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
silpa.mulpuri (3/7/2013)
Hi Planet,

Iam using Daz introductory content pack in iclone. If I take the scoopbackmini character and I want to change the texture of her dress. Is it possible to do that in iclone? or Is there any other solution by using any 3rd party software?

Yes. You can.Smile

The difference (and it's only a logistics difference) is that all the materials of the imported DAZ avatars show up under the "Skin" tab rather than "Upper" and "Lower"

With your avatar selected, click on the "Skin" tab way over on the right end of the gray tabs above your main window. Now find the "Material" section in the right hand pane, and click on the "Select Material" menu. It will drop down, and you can select the material of the dress. When you do, it will show the diffuse texture in the diffuse box. You can edit all the texture channels just like you would with any other iClone material.

Using opacity and such you can use the DAZ clothing materials exactly as you would use CloneCloth from RL or another vendor.
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
yup, and it's a beautiful combination once you get the hang of it!! w00t

silpa.mulpuri
silpa.mulpuri
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi planet

As you said that you buy certain elements that are morph friendly in daz so that you can change shapes quickly and texture them in iclone. Can you suggest me which are morph friendly in daz as I am ready to buy them. I can only see this one http://www.daz3d.com/morphing-fantasy-dress-for-genesis   Any help is appreciated.

And also can you please explain how you imported the daz character to sculptris and what is the next procedure after we exporting the daz character from sculptris?

Thanks,

Shilpa

Edited
11 Years Ago by silpa.mulpuri
prabhatM
prabhatM
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.4K reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
planetstardragon (3/7/2013)
what I did / am doing is buying certain elements that are morph friendly in Daz so I can change shapes quickly and texture them quickly in Iclone. This way I don't have to buy new clothing everytime I want to change my outfit. I want a short dress or pants....I'll grab a morphing dress in Daz , make it short with whatever texture, port it to iclone and start playing around with the graphics. If i want something like frills, then I'll export the model part in 3DX5 to a program like sculptris and give it frills then port it back in.

1. Do you import DAZ Cloth to ICLONE as a part of the character ( or separately ) and then modify in ICLONE?

2. From ICLONE do you export the whole character with the dress or just the dress to Sculptris ?

A clarification will help.
shygirl
shygirl
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
You can create your own clothing for the Daz Genesis character. Once correctly imported, the character can then use iClone motions as well as being able to use facial animation.

Hope this information helps.

Shy Tongue

"O wad some Power the gift tae gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
the Genesis supersuit is a very versatile piece of clothing if you want a clonecloth type equivelant.
it has lots of material zones and can become any garment, in studio prior to export you can push bits out or in to create swimsuits, jeans and tops, shorts boots gloves helmets masks etc, and also edit the materials in iClone.

bunnymomma
bunnymomma
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)Senior Member (281 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I would love to know these steps myself! If anyone can answer silpa.mulpuri 's questions for us, lol! I know how to get my character into Sculptris, but after that I'm at a loss! Forgive my ignorance!

Reading This Topic