Profile Picture

using character creator to animate my cartoons, how do i change the eyes and mouths now

Posted By vtface 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

using character creator to animate my cartoons, how do i change the...

Author
vtface
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)Senior Member (285 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hello, im new to CTA and am in the process of learning the programming for my cartoon. i found that i like the way the characters move better when i import them through the character creator aspect of CTA. i have been using illustrator to create all my vector files and have been exporting them as png files to eliminate the backgrounds. once i set the wire frames and indicate the joint size i bring it to the stage. this is where i have a problem. because they are cartoons i know im going to have to create a library of eyes, mouths and hands to switch in and out in sprite editor. i have been able to select all limbs except the eyes and mouth. it just selects the head as a whole. any suggestions. or is there a better way to import my character as a whole for animation? thanks in advance.

also i assume i will have to draw a side shot of the cartooncharacter and set wire frame at that angle in order to see character move from that angle correct

thanks BigGrin
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Are you using a character with a Morph (Photo) based head or a Sprite (Vector) based head?

With Morph based heads you can't select the eyes, mouth etc. in Character Composer.

Load up one of the comic characters such as Cherry or Eddie and take them into Character Composer. You will now be able to select the eyes, mouth and other facial parts and change the sprites as required.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic