What to EXPECT with CrazyTalk Animator in 2013

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Author
mrcork102
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)Veteran Member (639 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
What I would like to see is being able to pan the voices of the characters. If they are on the left I would like them talking on the left for more realistic placement.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
mrcork102 (4/14/2013)
What I would like to see is being able to pan the voices of the characters. If they are on the left I would like them talking on the left for more realistic placement.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will pass this to the CTA team for consideration. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

gramon55
gramon55
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
It all sounds great. However, two things that would make my life so much easier are missing. First, the ability to widen the time line I am using. I just want to be able to look away and when I look back, instantly recognize the animation line I am editing. As it is, all the lines look the same. It is also more comfortable to work on a wider line. I widen the working line when I am editing music on my music editor (Magix) and when I am editing movies in my movie editor (MAGIX). Why not have this feature in the animation editor.

Another feature desperately needed is to set the origin or linking point when using several animation sequences. Currently, when you sit a character and add a motion, some characters just shift their positions.

RicksWorks
RicksWorks
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.8K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Yeah I agree, the timeline needs work and bigger would be better. Also would like the play head to stay put when clicking the timeline. Always throws things off when the play head jumps.

Perhaps color code things to make referencing easier at a glance.

Rick Owens

ch_20090922170704836
ch_20090922170704836
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)Senior Member (422 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
CTA has a huge potential to make the tedious task of character animation fun and intuitive.
What I'd like to see:
Better dedicated character rigging setup area, with support for quadruplets and custom rigs.
Better, more accurate auto lip-synch, or lip-synch auto cleanup option
Currently you get a lot of mouth shape animation even if the audio amplitude is zero. It requires a lot of manual cleanup. That shouldn't happen.
When the audio is at zero amplitude on the timeline, the mouth resting position should kick in and nothing else.
Better and bigger timeline, or option to enlarge it. Make it a joy to work with (the current one is no fun).
Bouncy transforms.
The option to apply a spring effect to limps so that they bounce back and forth until reaching the resting position.
Full body IK (such as in Autodesk Motionbuilder).
Camera with depth of field. Out of focus areas are blurred.
Motion blur option.
Live feature
Make CTA suitable for live performance (live puppeteering)
Lip-synch is generated live and motion is triggered with shortcuts or input devices, including mo-cap.
The performance can be used for live interaction with an audience.
(Similar to what is possible with Autodesk Motionbuilder).
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for the suggestions. These will be passed to the CTA team for consideration.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rwtread01
rwtread01
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (799 reputation)Veteran Member (799 reputation)Veteran Member (799 reputation)Veteran Member (799 reputation)Veteran Member (799 reputation)Veteran Member (799 reputation)Veteran Member (799 reputation)Veteran Member (799 reputation)Veteran Member (799 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
i would be happy to be able to flip the head,so many different scenes could benefit from that feature, being chased on a motorbike and looking back to name a few. Please!!!! implement this feature.
garrypye
garrypye
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Whinge. Whinge. Whinge. I can't believe the negative posts in here. Nothing constructive. Just whinging. How about a bit of positive feedback for the fact that the developer is trying to expand its product and make improvements instead of complaining because you can't figure out how to make a custom vector character. Instead of whining about it in here, your time would be better spent experimenting with the software. Awesome product by the way.

Garry Pye
www.facebook.com/garrypyeanimations?ref=bookmarks
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I don't know who you are, but your time might be better spent in being constructive instead of insulting. Many of us have been with this product from the very beginning, and have every right to make the suggestions being made. One, to help the product grow. And two, to help facilitate making animations, which is the focus of this application. There aren't any whines here, just people that want to see the program become a better program.

So instead of whining about whiners, be productive. Or are you trying to stir something up?
InfoCentral
InfoCentral
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Yep, first post and comes out swinging. w00t

Reading This Topic