What to EXPECT with CrazyTalk Animator in 2013

Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Bruce (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (65.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 9 Years Ago
What feaures do you expect?

Other than including a Mac version for the new release, we are working on impactful features that have never been introduced to the 2D animation industry before. We can't tell you much, but here are some hints:

Leave your comment and tell us how you think about these coming updates and what your expectation is!

Bruce (RL)
Forum Moderator

Reallusion, Inc.
https://forum.reallusion.com

Luna
Luna
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi Bruce!

These new possibilities of animation doesn't make sense as long as you can't create new characters more easily. It takes a lot of work to create new sprite based characters (with vector graphics, not pixel graphics). You should imporove the process of creating vector based characters.

Okay, the new possibilities of animation are good, if they really work. If! Smile

Luna

2D4reel
2D4reel
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I would love to see mocap, auto motion and ik editing for crazy talk animator pro, i hav epurchased iclone, crazy talk 7 pro and crazy talk animator pro in an effort to utilise all these features, to have them all in one package would be the perfect solution, keep me updated on when it is available
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Personally, I could care less about motion capture for 2D animation. The different angles of characters is a good thing, assuming it's implemented well. But I agree with Luna, until I can actually create my own characters easily and with little fuss, CTA remains on the shelf, barely used. Oh, and independent flipping of body parts, such as letting me flip the head horizontally as if the character is looking both ways. And letting me keyframe the eye position. Puppeteering is a gimmick feature, and isn't all that useful in a traditional animations. I want to actually control where my character is looking with keyframes.
vidi
vidi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
MOCap is not what I missing in CTA, but cool things, are multiple angles and auto motion.Smile

I wished me we get a option for create optional own bones or quadruped composer. Maybe a Image atlas or layer function for timesaving importing several sprites at once

In any case, I look forward !BigGrin

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
So far it looks promising but I hope RL reads thru the "Wishful Features" list again for there are many features listed there that would be good to have as well as fixes for age old problems and addressing other deficiencies noted.

MOCAP might work ok but that will remain to be seen and isn't on the top of my wish list.

Yes, individual body part flipping and true keyframing for each body part would be wonderful and I hope that will be included but, I too put at the top of the wish list easier sprite character creation and with custom bone rigging and sprite morphing.

I would also like to see:
* object collision
* physics
* 3D object support

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

strosfan47
strosfan47
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Is there an ETA for fixing these "age old problems"? Many consumers believe it's best to fix known problems with updates (why no updates since 8/11?) rather than up-sell a new version. Sigh. Is there a general release date set?
brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I love the new features, especially mo cap.Maybe the only suggestion would be a cell shading feature like iclone and a better way for the joints to connect or blur when the character moves.

The bad thing is we have to wait until late 2013, when there has not been an update or upgrade for a very very long time.

Good CTA is finally getting some love.

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Edited
11 Years Ago by brothertcoleman
Olga(AWS)
Olga(AWS)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)Veteran Member (555 reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Very pleased with the lateral movement of the character. Could you specify the dates the release of updates, I have in the project, I would have slowed down the action and to wait for the new features...
strosfan47
strosfan47
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Late 2013 for the release of CTA2? Where did you get that information? A number of people, myself included, have inquired about ETA, with no reply.

Reading This Topic