Posted By Bruce (RL) 11 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

iClone 5.4 & 3DXchange 5.4 Updates with Facial Animation

Author
warlord720
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 7 Years Ago
Complainers will still have something to complain about... that easy button is still missing... particularly those that talk like they have vast experience with 3D while making posts that prove just the opposite. Besides... if it wasn't for complainers... the entertainment factor of this forum would go way down.Cool

This is an amazing feat to pull off when you can take someone with little or no experience and have them converting characters.

Maybe we should have a contest for future complaints about what it still won't do... like convert a 10 headed monster with 20 arms. 12 tails and a dialog track for each mouth.

Soldier on Team Reallusion... not many of us had a clue that this little "animate your digital identity" program would mature into its present form.

--------------------------------------------------
I LIVE to anymate, irritate and machinamate. Not necessarily in that order.

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Warlord, I am pretty certain Sw00000p could make one of those already!

that multi headed dragon thingy in the store could also posibly be lipsynced one this update is out!
and
I could Frankenstein 10 iClone clonebone heads to a walking carrara rigged venus flytrap if you really like!

warlord720
warlord720
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.8K reputation)

This is one your most endearing traits wendy... you always find a way to do something. Always thinking about how it can be done. Cool

animatom
animatom
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Lord of war, very soon your book will need serious updates; any plans for that battlefront?

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
'm very curious what other goodies might sneak into this release. Guess we'll know soon enough.BigGrin
warlord720
warlord720
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

There have been so many changes that its hard to do. The info is obsolete before I get it finalized but maybe after this next release. Not going to be a beginners guide this time. Trying to work out how to put something together that can benefit beginners and experienced users while being easier to update.

animatom (1/19/2013)
Lord of war, very soon your book will need serious updates; any plans for that battlefront?

animatom
animatom
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Great Warlord, looking forward for (and buying) everything you wrote. Smile

RB3006
RB3006
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
No, actually many of the complainers won't have room for much except, "Eating their own words" [BigGrin]

The phrase(s) that should have been on the minds of the complainers should have been:
"Good things come to he who waits" or "Patience is a Virtue".

or ...
what would RL without their submissive believers ? BigGrin
Robert

Gruß
Robert

DANKE für Haare und Kleidung:, die nicht durch den Avatar geht !!! Rolleyes

bluemidget666
bluemidget666
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.8K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
what would RL without their submissive believers ? [BigGrin]

Hi Robert

I am sure you feel a lot of posters fall into this category but if you were to look at historic posts from long term users of the forum you would find some have been at odd with RL from time to time, the thing is though I have learnt they always come good. Complaints that have merit have always been dealt with and the issue sorted.

RL said they would give us Facial animation for Daz character (just what we asked for) but look at what we are given in the end. I for one have got much more than I asked for, infact if it all works fine I will have more than I could have wished for in this new update.

I bet RL are kicking themselfs that they promised it as a free upgrade.

So no I do not have any issues with RL and I feel they have earnt that.

I Make My Mates Do The CanCan For The Amusement Of Killer RobotsBigGrin
Edited
11 Years Ago by bluemidget666
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Premise: I am totally happy with what RL promised to release. Not very happy about the time-frame, but this is my personal opinion.

Now, let's make some house-cleaning around this post and the comments within it.

The division between "the complainers" (the Bad?) and "the believers" (the Good?), to me, sounds totally ridiculous. Why ? For a very simple matter of fact: when people pay for something and they do not get it, they have all the right to complain. Anybody disagree with this ?
Said that, now we are in the situation where the seller (RL) ended up to offering something more.
At the end of the day (i.e. when the new release will be out), this will be a fair conclusion of the story and everybody will be happy.
But at the time of today, we got a new promise to add something more, but the release date has moved again: now it is Q1, which might man end of March... which means 1 year from the product release. 1 year is quite a long time... in 1 year in Shanghai they built half of the WFC skyscraper ( 492 mt / 1614 ft ),... just to give some example of what can be done in 1 year.
And I hope RL will not change the schedule again...

Then, I wish to spend some word about one comment.
I was particularly surprised that Warlord said something that sounds like he is on the throne of the Gods of 3D and look with miserable compassion to the work that will be eventually done by "the complainers".
Warlord is surely one of the most skilled animators around here, but using this fact to correlate a complain vs. the work done by "the complainer" is a total nonsense: if somebody buys a Ferrari and does not get a part of the engine, he does not need to demonstrate to the vendor that he is as good as Schumacher, before he can complain for the missing part. Agree, Warlord ?

(My) Conclusion: if somebody complains for some reason, if it is ok to question about the complain, the reason, etc. but doing in the way it was done in this post, sounds more like some people took the party of defending RL because somehow stringed together to RL (for content, product, beta-testing etc.).

Anyway, as I wrote above, at the end of the day (i.e. when the new release will be out), this will be a fair conclusion of the story and everybody will be happy.

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
11 Years Ago by RobertoColombo

Reading This Topic