Roadmap for CrazyTalk Animator Pro?

Posted By johxng 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 9 hours ago
strosfan47 (3/7/2013)
Would Reallusion honor a free upgrade to the next version of CTA if the current version, the one rife with known rigging and support issues, was purchased now?

Unfortunately not. CTA2 is planned for a release in the 4th quarter 2013. There may be a free upgrade offer made available nearer the release date though.

Also I have to say CrazyTalk Animator is certainly not rife with rigging and support issues. I'm not sure if you have just heard this as a rumour but it is simply not the case.

If you are personally experiencing any issues then please let us know. We will be glad to help.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

strosfan47
strosfan47
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Peter -- I've already been through the rigging and support issues firsthand. Had to return the product because... well, it's all documented. Please go through my prior posts and support requests/replies, and you'll get the flavor of what I went through.

I invested 28 days trying to get my custom actor rigged and running. No luck. All I got from support was... well, look it up. It certainly was subpar, to say the least.

It's obvious that updates to version 1 are long overdue. No updates since 8/11. Now you want your customers to pay double to simply have a product that is viable?

Not cool!
strosfan47
strosfan47
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)Senior Member (472 reputation)

With that said, I WAS grateful for the attempts at assistance from others on this forum. But at the end of the day, the product simply is not ready to support the 2D animation needs of our company.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

strosfan47 (3/8/2013)
Peter -- I've already been through the rigging and support issues firsthand. Had to return the product because... well, it's all documented. Please go through my prior posts and support requests/replies, and you'll get the flavor of what I went through.

I invested 28 days trying to get my custom actor rigged and running. No luck. All I got from support was... well, look it up. It certainly was subpar, to say the least.

It's obvious that updates to version 1 are long overdue. No updates since 8/11. Now you want your customers to pay double to simply have a product that is viable?

Not cool!

Hi Strosfan,

I do fully understand your frustration on this matter.

While you say you were told by Support to "look it up" (I'm sure it wasn't in quite those terms), the reality is that there is no magic answer that can suddenly make you a great character creator in CTA. Just like no one can teach you how to become a great artist. It takes time, practice and plenty of patience to master it.

Sadly we all take to things in different ways. Some pick up things quickly, others not so much. It is a fact of life. We can't all be great at everything.

But you only have to look at the many character content packs available for CTA. These were all created using the inbuilt system and show what can be achieved once you master the process.

Regrettably, because you have not been able to fully get to grips with the character creation system so far, doesn't mean the process doesn't work or that CTA is faulty.

What we can do from our end is try to make things easier and more intuitive in the next version and that is the plan I assure you. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

darian.kanius
darian.kanius
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)Senior Member (259 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
To the people talking complete none sense, claiming Reallusion's software is not popular because the forums are not active. People have lives other than dwelling in forums. There are a lot of people out there that do not go onto forums when they purchase a product. In fact forums have become some of the worst places to look for 'real' information and end up being a depressing place full of digital babies that can not take the time to learn the software and demand it taught to them or people that can not read clear instructions as to what they just purchased.

I work for an online marketplace that sells digital goods, we have a forum and support area. We have thousands of daily customers and very few people are on the forums. They much rather use support so their answers go right to the staff and don't get mixed up with all of the crying.

Something for you people to chew on. BigGrin

brothertcoleman
brothertcoleman
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (8.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 hours ago
Personally I think Reallusion's software is great but the only issues a lot of people have with CTA is ,what seems to be simple fixes that have to wait for later this year and not taken care of or patched now ,such as making changes in character composer then going back to stage mode and things are still out of place etc.

| Windows 11 64bit / iClone7 Pro / Headshot Plug-in / Character Creator v4 / Perception Neuron Profile for Motion LIVE 2D Plug-in/ CrazyTalk 8 Pipline / FaceFilter v3 PRO / Cartoon Animator 5 Pipeline/Serif DrawPlus X8 / 3DXchange 6 Pro / WidgetCast PRO / DP Animation Maker / PopVideo 3
Edited
11 Years Ago by brothertcoleman
rumblehouse
rumblehouse
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)Veteran Member (616 reputation)

Peter (RL) (3/7/2013)
strosfan47 (3/7/2013)
Would Reallusion honor a free upgrade to the next version of CTA if the current version, the one rife with known rigging and support issues, was purchased now?

Unfortunately not. CTA2 is planned for a release in the 4th quarter 2013. There may be a free upgrade offer made available nearer the release date though.

Any chance of a preview of CTA2 before it's released?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

rumblehouse (3/20/2013)

Any chance of a preview of CTA2 before it's released?

There is already a small preview of some of the features planned for CTA2 on the thread below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic146699-251-1.aspx

We will of course be revealing more as we move closer to release in the 4th quarter 2013. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

mrcork102
mrcork102
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (641 reputation)Veteran Member (641 reputation)Veteran Member (641 reputation)Veteran Member (641 reputation)Veteran Member (641 reputation)Veteran Member (641 reputation)Veteran Member (641 reputation)Veteran Member (641 reputation)Veteran Member (641 reputation)

I'm a newbie...this software is incredible if you take the time to learn it. I can't believe the babies on here who rather be spoon fed and blame CTA when they want instant results without a learning curve. Nobody wants to take the time to learn this incredible software. I'm appalled at the level of blaming the company because the animator did not take the time to learn the product. I want to do a 3 stooges slap and poke...LOL
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Go try several other animation applications then come back to CTA and say how great it is. It's not a question of learning the software, it's very easy to learn because there really isn;t that much to learn in comparison. Also it's easy to learn because it's so limited in it's feature set. As someone with years of 2D animation experience, and experience with other animation software, making something difficult through obscurity doesn't make it a good feature. CTA has great potential, and someday I hope it's get realized.

Reading This Topic