Expanding and Organizing Motion Puppet

Posted By rcsinger29 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
RobertoColombo
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Actually, the idea to have a simple tool that help to add dozens of movie file into the puppet is not that bad...

Then, I agree on the fact that Swooop hates the push buttons... BigGrin
I will not mention this heretical word any more... promised... Whistling

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Asamadi
Asamadi
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)Veteran Member (649 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Great stuff thx allot
msjaebea
msjaebea
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)

Thanks everyone for this thread!  Was playing with Motion Puppet tonight when the thought came that I wanted to use more motions but there weren't any.  I decided to search before I posted the question and here it was!!  Going for it now!!! BigGrin BigGrin
msjaebea
msjaebea
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)Veteran Member (929 reputation)

I am going to add a bit of info here from my findings.  Only iMotions will work for this. I ran into some older motions, .vns.  They will not work.  It was suggested that I turn that .vns motion into a custom motion and I did that.  iClone makes it an iMotion at that point and it can then be used in puppet.
bfirst786+Realillusion
bfirst786+Realillusion
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

AWESOME JOB! thank you. I was losing my mind.

Note you don't need to have the "Idle" "Move" etc., sub-folders. But you DO need to have a sub-folder INSIDE the new one you put into the "Preset" folder.
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Hi RL community,

I come back to this old topic because I experienced something different with IC6.3 Pro and I would like to know if others have the same problem.
Here is the sequence of steps that I did, both for iClone 5 Pro and iClone6 Pro:

1. Copy the whole "Base Motion" directory (which resides in the iClone Template\Preset directory) => this generate another directory name "Base Motion - Copy"
2. Rename "Base Motion - Copy" into some other name, e.g. "Test Motion"
3. Open iClone
4. Load Chuck
5. Open the Motion Puppet tool

...and here is the problem:

A) in iClone 5 Pro, I can see the "Test Motion" group (in the Combo Box) and the sub-groups Idle, Mood, Move, Talk and the animation files
B) in iClone6 Pro, I can see the "Test Motion" group (in the Combo Box) but there are neither icons for the sub-groups Idle, Mood, Move, Talk nor animation file icons

Can somebody kindly check this ?

Thanks
Cheers

Roberto

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Edited
9 Years Ago by RobertoColombo
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
I found the solution to this not working in iC6! Smile

Just put "Base (space) your name" as the new folder name. Everything after that works the same as before.

You can name the folders inside different names as well. But don't be confused by the names not showing up in the left-hand panel in the MoPup, because those are those BMP pictures, and would need to edited to whatever name you want.

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/4e2e4d89-a134-4b62-9b7e-9d63.jpg

Edited
8 Years Ago by rampa
RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Great Rampa!!!

Thanks a lot for finding the solution.
I wonder how did you find it.... it is so illogical that everything works as before only because the main folder is named "Base xxx"...
Incredible that you fund it! But, after all... you are Rampa...  and here the community knows very well how far can you go when you start looking for a solution Smile

Cheers

Roberto

My PC:

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 hours ago
Of course I tried everything else I could think of first! Wink Spent hours on it, just to end up with that ridiculously simple solution.

Reading This Topic