Profile Picture

Possible to create custom eyes with pupils separated from whites?

Posted By Ciremi 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Possible to create custom eyes with pupils separated from whites?

Author
Ciremi
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
I'm a fan of the eyes that come with CT, but I need to build custom ones for a character I'm animating for consistency.

Unfortunately all of my custom eyes appear as flattened layers, meaning that the pupil and the whites of the eyes are all together, so if you change the brightness of the pupil it will also affect the brightness of the whites and vice-a-versa. As the lighting changes in multiple scenes the whites of the eyes change from being true white to a darker white, to even a brownish hue.

Now I haven't had the opportunity to attempt this yet, but is it possible to create a custom set of eyes where the pupils and the whites are isolated, and can be controlled independently from one another? Is it as simple as putting both into a Photoshop file as separate layers and importing? Or is there a special template that I require to make this happen?

If anyone could point me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it. Apologies if this is a redundant topic, but the search for "eyes" and "transparency" yielded many different things.

Thanks for you time.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
It isn't possible to import a photoshop image with layers I'm afraid.

You can import a single .jpg, .bmp, .tga or .png image. You shouldn't import an image with an alpha channel as this will allow the background to show through.

Once you have added your custom eyes, you will have full control over the eye effects available. Here you adjust transform settings plus specular, shadow and other effects under eye optics tab.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Ciremi
Ciremi
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)Senior Member (331 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Thanks for the reply Peter.

As you may know in CrazyTalk when manipulating the eyes there is a radio button that will allow you to toggle between the pupil and the sclera (the white part of the eye). Is there a method to create your own custom eye where the two are not linked together?

Right now if I bring in an image of an eye and I want to darken the pupil I will end up darkening all parts of the entire eye. Is there a custom eye creation method to prevent this? Is it possible to modify the preexisting eyes that come with the application to use as a template and build a new eye?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
It will be best to create your custom eye in an image editor first. Using layers you should be able to get everything as you want it before importing into CT6.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic