3DXchange 5.1 - Now Available

Posted By Peter (RL) 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 3 hours ago

Dear users,

Reallusion has refined 3DXchange5 for increased usability during conversion. You are now able to adjust character poses and motions directly thanks to the ability to add them to the preview menu during the bone-mapping process. We've also added a custom export template for Blender as well. Version 5.1 allows you to show or hide bone nodes in characterization mode, which lets you focus on the main character structure without interference. 

See more about all the new features of 3DXchange5.1

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3dx/3dx_whatsnew_v51.aspx

Version History

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3dx/3dx_upgrade.aspx#history

3DXchange Version History

v5.1 (v5.1.0829.1) released 6th September-12

Characterization:
  • Enhanced: Users are now able to import iClone Standard Characters and make T-Pose Posture adjustments in Characterization mode. Using this feature you can adjust the posture differences between G2, G3, G5 characters, and prevent issues such as limb penetration into the body when applying motions to character with unique body proportions.
  • Added: Add pivot data to non-standard characters. Now, when applying accessories to non-standard characters (exported from 3DX5.1) in iClone, the accessories will maintain the correct location and rotation values.
  • Added: Show / hide character bones (or nodes) option in characterization mode. Users can now hide redundant character bones and save the show/hide information when the character is converted to iAvatar format. Using the scene tree checkbox to show/hide bones, ctrl-click the scene tree checkbox to show / hide the whole selected bone hierarchy.
  • Added: Preview embedded motion option in characterization mode. Users can now preview the embedded character animation (FBX or iAvatar) directly from the preview drop down menu during the characterization procedure before pressing “Convert”.

Head Morph:

• Enhanced: G4 / G5 Head option in Head Morph / Export Model.
  • Enhanced: Auto-detect G4 / G5 head when importing Head Morph Model.

Others:

• Enhanced: Recorded accessory animation can be transferred to 3DX5, either via iClone/Avatar/”Edit in 3DXchange”, or by loading saved iAvatar in 3DXChange. You can press Play to view the accessory animation, and export the accessory animation together with the animated character in FBX format.
  • Enhanced: Users are now able to directly switch the preview avatar in Preference setting.
  • Added: Hotkey for Material Pick (Ctrl + `) / Paint (`).
  • Added: BVH motion export option for Blender.
  • Added: Delete Pivot Node option in FBX Export panel. This deletes extra accessory pivots nodes generated from iClone / Edit Pivot. Turn on this option to get a cleaner view of iClone characters exported for other 3D tools.
  • Fixed: Pop-up dialog to prevent unexpected exit from Characterization procedure if users click on any Export button (FBX/iAvatar/BVH/iMotion) before pressing “Convert”.

To update please select Help > Check For Updates in 3DXchange5. Alternatively you can Login to your Member Account and download the update by selecting Bonus in your list of Registered Products. The update can also be downloaded using LiveUpdate.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Bigboss
Bigboss
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (25.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
Thanks! Lots of Goodies ! Smile

Come and visit my store by clicking on the banner below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/02c8abe1-c35a-41e0-8640-0789.jpg

hirospot
hirospot
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Thank you Peter!

I just made a page with Japanese for explaining the additions and enhancements with 3DXchange5.1.
Your version history for 3DX5.1 is just translated without confirming each features myself at this moment.

Thank again,
Hirospot

wendyluvscatz
Crazy
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
thank you
you FIXED it!!
I now have a fully flowing pipeline!!!
now I need to study those whitepapers for the vertex rules for iAvatars uppers and lowers because if this works

I suspect I can also create mesh in Carrara that works too!!!
yeah still huge issues a pivot/hotpoint/transform one where the figure is basically limited to 0,0,0 or it vanishes but it is in there, mesh attached talking, loading heads hair, uppers and lowers
I used Sen's nude G5 upperes and lowers after bringing default Gwynn in with the Daz mesh attached and weightpainted.
yes my weightpainting sucks somewhat!! she has a floppy sandal and other issues but this was today!
another day I will try draping my own mesh on a Gwynn obj in Poser and importing to Carrara and attaching and weight painting it maybe!! or even Carrara bullet softbody physics.
not exactly Marvelous designer creations but we will see! w00t

moviemaker100
moviemaker100
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Banned Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
@wendyluvscatz
If you "explore" cloth, what would be, if you "test" flowing cloth and even non-penetrating hair, too..?
Because this would be partly a real revolution and would open the doors to awesome looking avatars and scenes.

Thanx, if you have the time to check these possibilities.

--------------
Fragen bezügl. meiner Vergangenheit oder irgendwelcher Zusammenhänge in meinen Posts - bitte PM.
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
well so far adding hair and weightpainting it turns it into a non-standard character but I notice the RL hair is parented to a seperate bone and something may need to be done along those lines if I can figure it out.
I can do parented spring props but yet to figure out how flexi props are created and no way to pin cloth with physics applied to my knowledge.
this pivot/transform thing is proving to be a difficult hurdle too.

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

This is great... the only problem is that I click on Convert to non-standard... and all the checkboxes vanish. What gives? I thought those would be there...

----------------------------------------------------
***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

Player not working? Use this link.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Creation begins at the core.
Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

I don't get it... I really wish those checkboxes were there WHILE I was assigning bones, because the character has a bunch of other ones that get in the way and I want to turn them off... and I can't. Can you only do that AFTER the bones are asigned... doesn't make mushc sense that way. The checkboxes are there when you're NOT characrizing... but of course, the bones don't show up then.

I looked at the screenshot over and over to make sure I had everything set right. What happened?

Some help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

***BEST OF THE CORE**
:A music reel demonstrating the different types of music I produce for multimedia. Hope everyone enjoys.

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Corvega
Corvega
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hi Peter

I was under impression that the updated version would allow facial animation when exported into IC.

Is this still in the works?

https://www.youtube.com/user/wcthrill

Dreamcube017
Dreamcube017
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Yeah there's a thread a little ways down that explains that.

***BEST OF THE CORE**

My other audio work.

Facebook page:

Reading This Topic