TTS Voice Pak using in iClone

Posted By rampart 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
rampart
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I bought the voice pak yesterday and I've been working with it.

He box where you paste in the text appears only load a portion of the text.

Even when I set the timeline for 15 minutes. It plays about 1/3 or less of the text.

Is there a way to enlarge the text box area to handle about 15 minutes of dialogue?

It just looks to me there should be plenty of space for entering text at least allowing for the amount of time you can set in the timeline.

I'm thinking of workarounds, but I'm not sure how to do it when 1 character is intend to talk for the full length of time.

Yes, I am thinking I can break up the speech, but in case of only one speaker this is nuisance.

If I have found an issue, maybe RL could just enlarge the text box area.

sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
rampart (8/5/2012)
I bought the voice pak yesterday and I've been working with it.

He box where you paste in the text appears only load a portion of the text.

Even when I set the timeline for 15 minutes. It plays about 1/3 or less of the text.

Is there a way to enlarge the text box area to handle about 15 minutes of dialogue?

It just looks to me there should be plenty of space for entering text at least allowing for the amount of time you can set in the timeline.

I'm thinking of workarounds, but I'm not sure how to do it when 1 character is intend to talk for the full length of time.

Yes, I am thinking I can break up the speech, but in case of only one speaker this is nuisance.

If I have found an issue, maybe RL could just enlarge the text box area.

rampart,

I'm using both IVONA and TextAloud and what I've done is load a document with the text into the one of the readers and then save as an external mp3 file. Then bring the sound file into iClone. Doing it this way, you can always go back and make changes to the dialog without typing everything in again.

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

MrStockboto
MrStockboto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
What sjonesdc is the same way I do it. I never use iClone's built in TTS, I use TextAloud, enter the text, update the pronunciation dictionary if necessary and save the speech as an MP3, then import that into the character's timeline.

Support your fellow enthusiasts by visiting:

rampart
Whistling
rampart
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (14.2K reputation)

OK... so now from what you guys are saying I may have to buy textaloud. I just bought $60 of voices I thought would work in iCLone, afterall the voice pack is being promoted by RL. w00t

Maybe, because RL didn't sell voices before now, using textaloud was the best way to do the job. There are so many workarounds, but I can't help believe RL would promote the voice pak and not have 100% compatability within their own software.

I certainly think they didn't overlook the iClone text to voice built into iClone and crazy talk. The RL advertisement shows it being used that way.

When I used the RL voice pak with iClone it worked great there just isn't enough space in the text box to hold a full timeline of speech.  Maybe the overlooked that one little thing when they were testing, afterall who wants to listen to a full 15 minutes of automated speech while testing. LOL

The textaloud isn't that expensive $30, but then I don't know if the RL pak of voices is 100% a best fit with textaloud.  Textaloud doesn't mention the same voice provider as the RL pack on their website.  Maybe, I can get the information, if I poke around enough or sent email to them.

I was really looking for a more seamless way to work with voices in iclone buying the RL voice pack. Maybe, I'm expected to stop the timeline then introduce additional text into the text to voice utility. They certainly didn't mention that in the ad.   

Nevertheless, I think I will create a support ticket and get additional information from RL.

Thanks for the responses at least I know a good workaround. 

Edited
12 Years Ago by rampart
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Hi Rampart

iClone is limited to a text to speech length of approximately 2000 characters including spaces. Any text that is typed or copy and pasted will be cut off once it reaches the maximum allowed.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rampart
rampart
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Peter

I think I've learned that as explained in the thread starter posting.. don't you think RL should have mentioned that in the ad? w00t

Now, why can't the RL devs just code to handle more text equivalent to the timeline?

I'm not quite sure how to deal with this.  I like the voices fine.

Do you understand my quandry?

Anyway, I did create a support ticket and referenced this thread maybe something will come out of it to solve this.

Oh.. maybe the fix is to build the video up to 2000 character. Then do a pause with some other action, then add another 2000 characters, and so on.  Then again, I don't have enough experience with iCLone to know if that will work.

Thanks for responding

Edited
12 Years Ago by rampart
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 10 hours ago
Hi Rampart,

I'm not sure what you mean by "should have mentioned it in the ad"? This restriction in text to speech length has nothing to do with the pack. It is a restriction that has been in all versions of iClone since the start and applies to all text to speech used.

If you can't use the workaround given previously, then simply add your text in parts. You can just move the timeline to the end of each 2000 character section and add another. If each part ends in a complete sentence there will be no pauses or other noticable issues.

It's obviously not as convenient as adding all the text in one go but won't take too long to do.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rampart
rampart
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I downloaded this free text to voice reader.

It found the RL voices.

http://www.naturalreaders.com/

-----------------------------

CRUM... It will play back over 25 minutes, but you cannot save as MP3, only text file.

Effectively, it is worthless for what we need.

Also all the edit functions are not in the free versions,i.e., pitch adjustments.

I didn't know until I had wasted an hour or so messing with the app.

IMO, I don't like buying anything when they lure you in and then stick it to you.

Also, it is probably not worth the money.

So... I'll keep looking and probably do as Peter suggested above until I find better solution.

Edited
12 Years Ago by rampart
sjonesdc
sjonesdc
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (5.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Can you not record a person reading the script??? 

sjonesdc Hehe

STILL LEARNING!!!

Edited
12 Years Ago by sjonesdc
Casperbrown
Casperbrown
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)New Member (2 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
The current best text to speech software is Text Speaker. It has customizable pronunciation, reads anything on your screen, and it even has talking reminders. The bundled voices are well priced and sound very human. Voices are available in English, French, Italian, Spanish, German, and more. Easily converts blogs, email, e-books, and more to MP3 or for listening instantly.

Reading This Topic