Posted By Cricky 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Smile
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
A Contortionist is Rotoscoped for Motion Creation inside iClone5 - Quick Tip

You saw a motion you need or could use, but the motion isn't available to you inside iClone.

Create it using external source videos as a guide to recreate the same motion; a set of images allows you to do the same thing, if you're willing to extract those frames and use the sequenced poses to guide you.

In this particular example, the video clips were placed side-by-side on a single flat plane and played through, pausing at points where specific changes were obvious, and then the character was posed to match the visible position changes in the clip used.

Just remember not every frame position has to be duplicated. Only critical changes you see that will be automatically "tied" together as the timeline plays out; the poses move from one to the next in transition, so the gaps in between are what is sometimes called "Tweening".

Not much different than adding one motion after the next and making them flow; same principle applied to pose-2-pose transitions. Motions are collections of poses after all, right?

P.S. If you are going to turn the character for a side view...do it in frame 1, that way the only transform you need to change back to a forward position is in frame 1 only.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Rampa
Rampa
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 57 minutes ago
Cricky, that is really nice! Awesome that you only needed half-a-dozen keys as well.w00t
martok2112
martok2112
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
Cricky, you are a master tutortionist Smile

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

Pollux
Pollux
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Thanks Cricky for the quick tip.

Cool

RobertoColombo
RobertoColombo
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.2K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Great idea and very helpful!!!

But after I tried to shoot a video of me doing the same pose, I ended up stuck into the bed... BigGrin

My PC:
OS: Windows 10 Pro English 64-bit / CPU: Intel i7-9700 3.6GHz / MB: ASUS ROG Strix Z390  RAM: 32GB DDR4 2.6GHz / HD: 2TB+3TB  /  
SSD: 2x512GB Samsung 860 EVO + 1x2TB Samsung
VB: Palit GTX2080 TI GamingPro 11GB / AB: embedded in the MB and VB (audio from the MOTU M4 I/F) / DirectX: 12

Reading This Topic