Profile Picture

CrazyTalk 6 Pro or CrazyTalk Animator Pro?

Posted By TimW 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
TimW
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi All,

I'm totally new to all this animation stuff and I've just found out about crazyTalk.

I only really want to animate heads, but I wanted to get the best program for the job.

If I get Animator Pro, which seems to do it all, will I miss out on any features from Crazytalk 6 Pro, or does Animator Pro do it all?

Many thanks for your help and advice.

Kind regards,

Tim
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
Hi Tim,

CrazyTalk Animator can do everything that CrazyTalk 6 can, but how they accomplish certain things varies between the two programs.

For example, in CrazyTalk 6 you can have up to 4 talking heads in a project, but the 4 heads must come from the same image or drawing. In CrazyTalk Animator, every head is separate and you are not limited to just 4 characters on screen at a time.

Overall your decision will need to be based on your needs, CrazyTalk Animator is a complete 2D animation studio where you can animate full bodied characters with unlimited scenery items. However because it has a lot of extra features there is a longer learning curve to master it all. 

CrazyTalk 6 on the other hand only works with talking heads, but has a much shorter learning curve. If you have no need for full body animation and only want to concentrate on animating heads from photos then CT6 would be perfect for your needs. It's quick, easy and can produce fantastic results in no time.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

TimW
TimW
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)Senior Member (436 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
Hi Peter,

Thanks for your advice.

Just one last thing... is it possible, with either program, to have a image (smoke for example) and have the face move forward through it? So, the face starts hidden behind the smoke, then moves forward, so it is halfway through the plane of the smoke?

Many thanks,

Tim
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 12 minutes ago
Hi Tim,

You can certainly achieve that effect very easily in CrazyTalk Animator. In fact we have an Animated Special Effects pack that contains various smoke effects. You can use the opacity setting and z-depth adjustment in CTA to make your character walk through the smoke.

http://www.reallusion.com/ContentStore/CTA/Pack/Animated_Effects_Vol_2/default.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic