Profile Picture

Importing objects from other projects

Posted By torresroberto 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
torresroberto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
A great thing for CTA would be the import functionality from other projects, let's say that I have done a complex animation and want to import it into another project without having to do all the hard work I've done before.

An import functionality would give a huge value to CTA and easyness to my project! Wink
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Save it in the project you created as a seperate resource (character, head, prop, animation, etc...)... Then it's available in your new projects.

http://www.reallusion.com/crazytalk/animator/help/animator/pro/09_Timeline/Collecting_Expression_or_Motion_Clips.htm
Edited
12 Years Ago by wizaerd
torresroberto
torresroberto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)Senior Member (332 reputation)

Those are too many steps to be done, instead an import feature with fewer clicks would be much better! BigGrin
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

torresroberto (7/26/2012)
Those are too many steps to be done, instead an import feature with fewer clicks would be much better! BigGrin

Sorry, I disagree... If I'm creating an animation that I know I'm going to want to re-use, saving it as a specific motion makes much more sense to me, because I'd be building a linbrary of re-usable motions. To import from a scene that already has motions (but not saved as motions) would be far more tedious to import, especially if that complex animation was made up of smaller animation segments. No, when you create your complex animation, save it as a re-usable animation. Problem solved.
torresroberto
torresroberto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

I totally disagree with your statement.

So many clicks for you ( Let's say 10 ) are better that doing 3 clicks?

A functionality like the one I'm mentioning it has to be devised, created and done by an IT person, one who sees the benefits for all users, thinking wisely for the benefits of the most rather than the benefits of the few.
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

torresroberto (7/27/2012)
I totally disagree with your statement.

So many clicks for you ( Let's say 10 ) are better that doing 3 clicks?

A functionality like the one I'm mentioning it has to be devised, created and done by an IT person, one who sees the benefits for all users, thinking wisely for the benefits of the most rather than the benefits of the few.

3 clicks? Uh, I don't think so. Complex animations will be made up of multiple animations and keyframes. To import, you'd have to open the project and list all assets, and all animations per asset. Then the user would have to go through said list and select the ones they wanted/needed which would then have to be "imported" into multiple objects into your current project and place them appropriately. It's be much easier if the user showed some foresight and saved the assets they want to re-use in another project. it is afterall why you can save assets out as individual assets (props, characters, animation, etc...). For re-usability. An import process isn;t needed at all.
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
torresroberto (7/25/2012)
A great thing for CTA would be the import functionality from other projects, let's say that I have done a complex animation and want to import it into another project without having to do all the hard work I've done before.

An import functionality would give a huge value to CTA and easyness to my project! Wink

Thank you for the suggestion. This has been passed to the CrazyTalk Animator team for consideration.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic