Profile Picture

Scrubbing through audio - is there an option?

Posted By anim8er 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
anim8er
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hi,

I have just purchased CTA pro after using several different animation softwares in the past (Flash and AnimeStudio Pro) I am now getting to grips with this software and interface but have found an area that is highly frustrating. Although you can manually edit the lip sync - is there an option to scrub through the audio in real time. I don't understand the logic in being able to manually lip sync but not hear or ascertain the exact point at which you need the lip shapes. I find this to be counter productive and a major flaw - which had I have known about would have ensured I never purchased this software
(I know you can have access to a trial - but my trial expired before I had a chance to play around with this feature)
This lack of feature renders this software almost useless!
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You do know that the program will auto lip sync to your voice file?
Not that it is perfect, some manual adjusting is usually needed.

One thing you can do to help is to show the graphic waveform for the voice file and use that to help place/adjust the lip syncing.

I agree, and others too, that a scrubbing feature would be helpful.
The best we have right now is to start and stop it playing in real time or looking at the waveform,. unless someone else has a better method.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

anim8er
anim8er
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)Junior Member (206 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Thanks Jlittle.

I realise that it does automate a lip sync (like anime studio pro) - which is an excellent feature - but does have its glitches and is not often how you want a character to talk.

I have tried looking at the audio - and although a good solution it is not always precise and I also found that I had to readjust my audio file to higher volume and bring it in again just in order to see the wave files - this reduced the quality of the recording as it became raspy, and you cannot zoom into the audio beyond the scale that the software allows.

I also tried segmenting the section I wanted in the timeline and playing it on loop but again it is not precise and is glitchy.

Its such a shame Crying because every software lacks something that the other has.
Flash is brilliant but over the years it becomes so glitchy and doesn't offer proper cameras or automated lip syncing etc.
Anime Studio is amazing but has a big learning curve and is quite tedious.

CTA Pro has so much potential, with a short learning curve and amazing integration of the cameras and jpgs/pngs body kinetics and faces....I am just so surprised and extremely disappointed that this small feature of audio scrubbing is not deemed a standard and has been overlooked. It would have made this software perfect !! I just assumed that this would have been inclusive and now have to put it down to experience, and return to my other softwares until this is included in future versions.

I cant help but feel that I have wasted my money.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
anim8er (7/11/2012)
Hi,

I have just purchased CTA pro after using several different animation softwares in the past (Flash and AnimeStudio Pro) I am now getting to grips with this software and interface but have found an area that is highly frustrating. Although you can manually edit the lip sync - is there an option to scrub through the audio in real time. I don't understand the logic in being able to manually lip sync but not hear or ascertain the exact point at which you need the lip shapes. I find this to be counter productive and a major flaw - which had I have known about would have ensured I never purchased this software
(I know you can have access to a trial - but my trial expired before I had a chance to play around with this feature)
This lack of feature renders this software almost useless!

Hi..

Unfortunately audio scrubbing isn't possible in the current version of CrazyTalk Animator. However I will pass your request to the CTA team to review. Hopefully we can improve on this aspect in future upgrades.

Thank you for the feedback. It is appreciated.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic