MikuMikuDance anyone

Posted By wendyluvscatz 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Week
not into Vocaloids, I use Myriad Melody assistant virtual singer but I downloaded MMD because it is free!
I download a lot of free animation crap because it is free!
any way, not finding the English version of PMD editor I settled for the Jap one
and got a rigged Daz character via Carrara as a directX file into it.
by pure trial and guess work
it IS ENTIRELY IN JAPANESE!!! w00t
cannot figure out how to get a rigged model out though for retargetting in 3dx5!
just static props and figures
may not be possible
but
I would not know BECAUSE IT IS ENTIRELY IN JAPANESE!!!!!
dunno if the .x export is infact rigged but Carrara does not detect the rigging or just an object
anyone else used this program?

hirospot
hirospot
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Hi Wendy,

Just quick info for you, available MMD tutorials in English are listed here.

I'll also try to find out about your question.

Hirospot

wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)Senior Forum Member (11.6K reputation)

thx for that link Hirospot, looks more promising than the ones I have seen.
the rigging I did get into MDD had no ik restraints and just stretched the mesh, most things inc iClone pipeline exports just get the yellow triangle with a ? in it.
must grab the latest Blender one day, that might be the .x file link needed.
at least it is in English!
I can get props in and out.

iClone definately run rings around it but the bullet physics looked as though it could be cool.
I just like collecting freeware for the sake of it! Hehe
and the Anime figures were cute but since they have copyright restrictions even on rendering, no point in rerigging them in Carrara to render in iClone or I would!

hirospot
hirospot
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Hi Wendy,

This is the second quick info, PMD editor Tutorial in English is here.
Please check.

Hirospot 

Edited
12 Years Ago by hirospot
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

I bookmarked it.
this appears to be quite a powerful little free program allowing rigging within it, pity the export/import options are limited to directX.
I might play with it more later, thx for the link, bit too overwhelming at the moment, only learnt of it yesterday.

hirospot
hirospot
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

I was wondering how MMD characters can be transfered to iClone and here my new report for pipelining MMD characters to iClone.

Several freewares such as ColladaExport Plugin for MMD and FBX converter were used, then .x file was not needed.

Converted MMD characters can play with iMotion, however, motions designed for MMD characters, converted to BVH format by freeware, do not work properly in iClone at this moment.

Complete tutorial "Using BVH motion converter" with all JPGs is appreciated.

Hirospot
Edited
11 Years Ago by hirospot
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

that is cool, will have to look at that collada plugin!
I was hoping these cute characters could be brought into iClone!
your tutorial is very well put together,
who knows, MikMiku fans might start using iClone too!
I certainly can see vocaloid voices being used with iClone avatars and others once they get the facial animation for imported characters working.
I already do it (virtual singing animations) with Myriad Melody assistant virtual singer!
in Carrara, Daz studio and Poser as well as iClone, the only reason I have not shown much interest in vocaloid is I find their site too hard to follow due to language barriers or I might have bought a voice or two already.

Edited
12 Years Ago by wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
wendyluvscatz
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Senior Forum Member

I imported the fbx into Carrara as the bones were huge in 3dx5 and renamed them in English to make it easier for me while I was there Wink
added spring to the unused bones, worked on the skirt (which I lifted to avoid leg intersection, a lot of those anime videos show panties so thought it was ok, she has titties so is an adult!!!) the hair did not want to spring though which was a pity.

need uncopyright restricted MMD dance models though so I can do videos!
I made sure I acknowleged the copyright and stated it was a test so hopefully fair use, if informed otherwise, will just remove it.

sharad.inc
sharad.inc
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.5K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
hirospot (7/19/2012)

Converted MMD characters can play with iMotion, however, motions designed for MMD characters, converted to BVH format by freeware, do not work properly in iClone at this moment.

Hirospot

Hiropost,
Have you tried using the 3Dexchange5's BVH conversion ability to map the the two rigs and then export the BVH as iMotion?
hirospot
hirospot
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

@sharad.inc

Thank you for your question and very sorry for my delayed response.

It had been very funny that the MMD characters converted to iClone Non-Standard character showed right T-pose and seemed dancing nicely in iClone, but when they bowed, they did to backward direction with imported MMD iMotion file.

It took time to find out that the reason was the difference of Coordinate system between MMD environment and iClone motion system.

When exporting the MMD motion with BVH format, Left-handed coordinate system is to be adopted for 3DXchange Motion Pipeline.

Here is the latest report of MMD motion conversion for iClone. Sample video (MP4).

Hirospot

Edited
12 Years Ago by hirospot

Reading This Topic