Profile Picture

Crazy Talk DVD rip off

Posted By boldgraphix 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
boldgraphix
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
I'm so upset...all of the videos on here are available for free on youtube. Why would you all do that to us? I really needed some in depth help with the program and I just got videos that I have already been watching! I'm super frustrated and feel taken advantage of. I'm using the trial version of the program and was planning to purchase but, I'm unsure with service like this!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi..

Sorry to hear you feel disappointed with the CrazyTalk Animator Training DVD.

While it is true the DVD contains many of the video tutorials that have been previously released on YouTube, you do get them all in HD format with the DVD.

In addition you also get all the content shown in the videos which allows you to follow along with the tutorials. This is a major advantage for those with the Training DVD.

You also get 3 exclusive project based tutorials that are not available on YouTube.

Overall though you have the convenience of having all the training videos locally on your computer which can be viewed at any time, even offline.

I hope this helps answer your concerns a little. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

boldgraphix
boldgraphix
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)Senior Member (287 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Of course that doesn't answer my concerns. Why do I need HD..who cares about watching a tutorial in HD..it's not a blockbuster film!!! I have high speed internet so, who cares about having the videos locally on my computer!!!

This was a rip-off and you all know it. The 3 videos that are exclusive, weren't helpful to me and my project at all. I just threw $30 down the drain. I think I should be offered something else...a discount of $30 towards my purchase of the software or an extended trial use to get a little more learning out of the program.

I think you're software is great but, the tutorials don't take a beginner far back enough to even know hot to start. There's not tutorial on learning each tool used (which there should be).

How can you help me other than telling me I get HD and local videos...both of which wasn't worth me spending needed money?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
boldgraphix (6/3/2012)
Of course that doesn't answer my concerns. Why do I need HD..who cares about watching a tutorial in HD..it's not a blockbuster film!!! I have high speed internet so, who cares about having the videos locally on my computer!!!

Actually having a HD tutorial is in fact is very important. Because with HD video you can see much more detail which in turn makes it easier to see what is going on in the tutorial.

With regards to your other question, I now believe you have been contacted by Support about this.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Duncanduncan
Duncanduncan
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)Veteran Member (912 reputation)

Last Active: 11 Years Ago
There is a guy doing basic tutorial on youtube called crazytalk step by step ( I think) which on the beginner level is was very helpful to me.

DuncanDuncan
Aidan@noblestriving.com
rcsinger29
rcsinger29
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.6K reputation)

Last Active: 9 days ago
I somewhat agree with his concerns, as I considered purchasing the tutorial video for Iclone for 20 bucks but I had already been looking at the youtube vids and I "reviewed" the specific tutorials available on the DVD and realized that they were the same ones on youtube.

I see his point about the HD and understand his frustration as a noob myself, BUT!!!

YOu have to review what you purchase any time you are purchasing anything online. I have bought several things on the marketplace that I cannot use because of my noobness.

Ex - Clothing that I do not have the base cloth for

... And I still cannot figure out how to use the clone cloth in my external editor Crying

Consider this another way though,

Most of the "Paid for" Tutorials HAVE been released on youtube, Reallusion could have pulled some strings at youtube and had them removed and FORCED you to pay for them. My guess is, the training DVD was released as purchasable content BEFORE they were released on youtube and is still available on the store. Not that they were available on youtube FIRST and then reallusion thought, "Oh, lets scam people and put our free tuts on a dvd and sell it!!!BigGrin.

They allowed paid for content to be released for free, not the other way around.

BTW, I agree with your point in this, I just disagree with the RANT part of it.

EDIT: I purchased Iclone many many moths ago and have yet to complete my first project while working through the learning curves. I have bought things that I later found out were free in another form and spent enough money on content to buy 3dX5 twice. I am still lost on physics and many other things and now I am trying to figure out this DAZ pipeline thing and the Mocap, So I see the frustration, but at the same time, being a noob to something as intricate and complex as 3d animation is like being in a foreign country with no map or translator. It takes a LOT of T&E and patience.

Edited
12 Years Ago by rcsinger29

Reading This Topic