Mouth Color

Posted By Mauidelite 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Mauidelite
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I mostly use CT to animate photos - and would like to figure out why, in some cases, when you go to add color to the mouth (closed mouth in photo), you can't add any color - it just stays in shades of black to white, no matter how much you work with all the sliders. Any suggestions?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
In CrazyTalk 6 the inner mouth color is determined by the lips or the surrounding mouth color.

So if you use a character photo of a person who has dark red lipstick for example, then the inner mouth will be a dark red too. If you were to create a talking Apple then you will find the inner mouth is green and so on.

The best thing to try to do is first use the brightness controls, if the inner mouth is very dark, and then you will be able to adjust the Hue to get a slight color change if required.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Mauidelite
Mauidelite
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.5K reputation)

Very informative - thank you! Yes, I've used the brightness controls - but in certain cases - the inner mouth will not be anything but black or white. Now I know to check the lip color or surrounding area. Thanks again.
Mauidelite
Mauidelite
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Well, I've come upon the problem again - this time a little more complicated. The character has dark skin, so the inner mouth only goes from black to light gray. But the 2nd problem I'd like advice about is dealing with the teeth. The points for an open mouth are hard to control, so I've used the points for a closed mouth on this one (see attached). What method would you suggest?

Thanks,
Lauri
Attachments
mouth.JPG (137 views, 40.00 KB)
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Mauidelite (5/27/2012)
But the 2nd problem I'd like advice about is dealing with the teeth. The points for an open mouth are hard to control, so I've used the points for a closed mouth on this one (see attached). What method would you suggest?

Thanks,
Lauri

Hi Lauri

You shouldn't really have any problems using the open mouth points. Just remember that the yellow points are for the upper lip and the white points for the lower lip. It's always best to zoom in close when adjusting the points for greater control.

There are no rules about which method you use though. You can use close mouth points as you have shown, but if you want to add custom teeth to your character then you will need to use the open mouth points.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic