Posted By Visconti 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Bring Daz Genesis Characters to iClone - Introductory Content Pack

Author
Kelleytoons
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.6K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 34 minutes ago
But you *could* use the collision proxies, right?  I mean, it might be a lot of work to set them up, but I've seen a video where some one added some invisible collision spheres that then had the material draping correctly.

Or is this WAY too complicated and tedious a process?  Frankly, I'd just like to get some skirt twirl or some such -- I would think that would go a long way towards being convincing.  But I'd love to see a video on someone who went through this entire process (taking a Daz character with clothing and making parts of the clothing into "soft cloth" somehow).

Alienware Aurora R12, Win 10, i9-119000KF, 3.5GHz CPU, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090 (24GB), Samsung 960 Pro 4TB M-2 SSD, TB+ Disk space
Mike "ex-genius" Kelley
CaseClosed
CaseClosed
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
You might try exporting your clothing mesh as an avatar without the body from DAZ. Then give it the identical animation, and use the collision shapes of your CC character.

Very creative!  I'm keeping that idea in my notes BigGrin
I prefer to stay within iClone as much as possible. I know that wasn't even considered by ambitious iClone users until recently.

I'm hoping to get the clothes I want within CC by the time I'm ready to animate (and hair too). Working on building out the sets while I figure out the animation pipeline. 

Rampa
Rampa
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (35.8K reputation)

Last Active: 57 minutes ago
mike_20091214085613313 (9/10/2015)
But you *could* use the collision proxies, right?  I mean, it might be a lot of work to set them up, but I've seen a video where some one added some invisible collision spheres that then had the material draping correctly.

Or is this WAY too complicated and tedious a process?  Frankly, I'd just like to get some skirt twirl or some such -- I would think that would go a long way towards being convincing.  But I'd love to see a video on someone who went through this entire process (taking a Daz character with clothing and making parts of the clothing into "soft cloth" somehow).

That is what you do. Here's a help page on setting them up. There won't be any initially on your DAZ avatar, so you'll just have to add them. You can save the settings for later, though.
http://manual.reallusion.com/iClone_6/ENU/Pro_6.0/20_Physics/Physics_Settings_for_Characters.htm
CaseClosed
CaseClosed
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.3K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago

Wouldn't it be cool if Character Creator gave us really tight collision shapes for our characters? Like the image on the page you referenced? "Let the computer do the work... "  Messing around with collision shapes is so time consuming, and it's really tough to get an ideal result.

I'm going over to the Character Creator suggestion thread BigGrin

ahmednet1000000
ahmednet1000000
Posted 8 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)New Member (16 reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Visconti (5/11/2012)
https://forum.reallusion.com/Uploads/Images/4b562341-c54d-4725-9779-8216.jpg

When we first saw Genesis characters perfectly animated inside iClone, in real-time, we automatically knew that an amazing alternative for highly realistic character animation was coming. To let iClone users take advantage of the pipeline benefits, Reallusion agreed to partner with DAZ in order to provide all animators with an introductory content pack at the best value. As promised, Reallusion will continue supporting facial animation for DAZ Genesis characters in the next 3DX5 patch release. So, it's great timing to start when DAZ Studio 4 Pro is still available for free!

Reallusion, Inc.

www.reallusion.com/creative/creative_dazgenesis.aspx

Note. The facial animation for external FBX characters will be available when 3DXchange5.1 is released in this summer.
http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/3dx/coming_features.htmlheight=650&width=800

Reading This Topic