actor hug

Posted By similarly 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
similarly
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.4K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Year
I'm wondering if anybody here has a way to make two actors in CTA hug. (sorry, CTA Newb here).

Each character will have one arm in front of and one arm behind the other character. Is there an easy way to do that? Would I have to unlink the body parts and essentially have extra actors that would be ONLY an arm (with the main actors missing an arm)?

In Layers, I can see how to move parts of an actor ON that actor, and I can see the arrows at the bottom of the actors to move the actors forwards and backwards, but for a hug, there's going to be some overlap.

At the moment, this is only for a still image. Any ideas?
shygirl
shygirl
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.6K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago

"O wad some Power the gift tae gie us, to see oursels as ithers see us!"

Edited
12 Years Ago by shygirl
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Each actor is a single layer within a scene. Each body part is a sub-layer of that actor. So when you have two actors in a scene, one (with all its body parts) will always be in front of the other. The scene only sees the actor as one layer so you can not intermingle the parts of one actor with another as in a hug.

What you can do is create copies of the two actors and in the copy make all parts except the arm (used for hug) invisible (i.e. blank sprite) and in the original make only the arm invisible. This effectively gives you an actor with two layers in the scene. Then you can intermingle them as needed for the hug.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic