I really wish we could have a small set of deformer dummies that work on any prop or avatar - so we could unroll/untwist/swell/grow/distort/bulge almost anything in a toonish or slick intro-manner...
.e.g. I'd love to have iavatars and props that could:
* shrink/swell/stretch/bulge as they squeeze through keyholes or other tight spaces...
* unroll/roll up or fold any character or prop, as if they were paper
* twist/untwist any character or prop, as if it was a candy-cane...
these sound like they may have only a limited use, but the truth is quite the opposite... e.g. take a look at this one very short video
to see how Cinema4D can do so much with only *one* of its deformers..... So creative!
And if you freeze it at 10 seconds, you'll catch a glimpse of some other really cool deformers, e.g.:
* a bomb deformer to explode anything
* a polygon reduction deformer to speed up projects without having to export each item to other deformer software first.... oh, and it can also be used to turn almost any object or character into a toon by lowering the poly count, and then just swapping the diffuse texture for a single colour (or swapping it for a toon diffuse material from the set of toon textures that are already available in the reallusion store.)
And if we had a really simple spline tool with an option to extrude, then we could combine the set of tools to create almost anything - including really intricate, precision work, like this vid
I made quite recently: iClone is already *SO* close to being able to do this already!
And I know it's been mentioned before by others far more experienced than me, but I'd like to agree that we need a Font-Text Creator plug-in so we can type any 3D text word/phrase/sentence directly into iClone and create any 3D model font *either* as a prop, or as an image layer...
And yes, I know we can already do the image layers using a png made in photoshop and control-dragged into iclone so it *looks* like it may be a 3D prop/billboard, but a plug-in that could do both in the same little popup box would make it soooo much easier, faster and more flexible.... especially if the custom 3D words/sentences are compatible with the Motion Montage Packs, and could enhance their usability amazingly, because each motion montage box can be a parent to more than one word or punctuation mark.
Crikey, with this one small box of tools, it's hard to imagine how anybody could ever need any other animation software, ever again!
Anita, aka "Bleetz" the Toon Wrangler @ Tarampa Studios
SYS: Win 8.1, 64-bit, i7-4770 CPU @3.4GHz,
32GB RAM, Intel(R)Graphics 4600 & nVIDIA GTX1060 TI