iClone 5.2 Temporary Fix

Posted By Peter (RL) 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
After the release of iClone 5.2 and 3DXchange5 yesterday we detected an issue that prevented projects containing particles from being reloaded after saving.

To quickly resolve this issue we have released a temporary fix. We will continue to monitor for any other issues and release a full patch later.

Please follow the instructions below to install the fix.

For iClone 5.2v (both English and German Version)

PRO:  http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/IC521_Pro_Fix.zip  (15.6MB)
Standard: http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/IC521_Std_Fix.zip  (15.5MB)
Trial: http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/IC521_Trial_Fix.zip (6.98MB)

**How to update:

1. Make sure your iClone version is v5.2, and confirm Pro, Std or Trial version
  2. Download the correct file for your version of iClone 5.2.
  3. Uncompress the zip file to a temporary folder or your desktop.
  4. Copy the contents of the folders Bin and Bin64 to the corresponding folder of your iClone installation, replacing the old files.

XP: C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 5\
W7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\iClone 5\

For 3DXchange5

PRO: http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/3DX5b_Pro_Fix.zip (7.3MB)
Standard: http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/3DX5b_Std_Fix.zip  (7.2MB)
Trial: http://file.reallusion.com/patch/ic/3DX5b_Trial_Fix.zip (7.76MB)

**How to update:

1. Confirm you are using Pro, Std or Trial version.
  2. Download the correct file for your version of 3DXchange5.
  3. Uncompress the zip file to a temporary folder or your desktop.
  4. Copy the contents of the Bin folder to the corresponding Bin folder of your 3DXchange5 installation, replacing the old files.

XP: C:\Program Files\Reallusion\iClone 3DXchange 5\
W7: C:\Program Files (x86)\Reallusion\iClone 3DXchange 5\

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Keith_MPS
Keith_MPS
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
This worked for me. Tested in 64-bit with a 600KB project file that uses over 4GB of memory when loaded. It had a dragon in it and the particle "fire breath" loads and works properly.

Thanks

- Keith
Edited
12 Years Ago by gnasche
animatom
animatom
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.9K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Particles works fine, camera on the timeline OK, no strange message when importing new character. So far so good. Smile
(still only AVI export, but hey, this is beta.)
Thanks, Reallusion.

Edited
12 Years Ago by animatom
RB3006
RB3006
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

works..BigGrin thanks for quickfix..

Gruß
Robert

DANKE für Haare und Kleidung:, die nicht durch den Avatar geht !!! Rolleyes

mark
mark
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
At first blush seems to be working as far as the Particle Effect issue is concerned. But I'm still finding a lot of older projects that are getting the ....

" Failed to load the file. If this is a .vns file please switch to the Project page and try again."
message in my 64bit install. They seem to be working in the 32bit install. May still be the memory issue as they are pretty big project files 40meg plus in size.Wink

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Postfrosch
Postfrosch
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.8K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
At first blush seems to be working as far as the Particle Effect issue is concerned. But I'm still finding a lot of older projects that are getting the ....

" Failed to load the file. If this is a .vns file please switch to the Project page and try again."
message in my 64bit install. They seem to be working in the 32bit install. May still be the memory issue as they are pretty big project files 40meg plus in size

Yes, i have the same Problem

Greets from Germany
Postfrosch
Werner

--------------------------------------------------------------
https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/cd9c9a06-21a5-44c5-9f67-6810.jpg
Ron12345
Ron12345
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (903 reputation)Veteran Member (903 reputation)Veteran Member (903 reputation)Veteran Member (903 reputation)Veteran Member (903 reputation)Veteran Member (903 reputation)Veteran Member (903 reputation)Veteran Member (903 reputation)Veteran Member (903 reputation)

The undo/redo arrows are grayed out in the 5.2 64 bit fixed version. It works in the 32 bit fixed version.
JasonWynngard
JasonWynngard
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
I'm requesting that Beta releases not be auto notices that result in users blindly trusting the "update" only find they lose time and work because the software won't perform certain functions.

In my case, I saw the "update" when I started iClone5, it didn't say nothing about being beta and since I trust the RL folks, I OK'd the installation. Now, my ecological project is at a dead stop because the animation projects using particles don't work. So I have to re-do it in iC4 which fortunately, I never did around to uninstalling.

My suggestion is if something is Beta, mass email users. Those who want to mess with a beta version do so and those who prefer not, don't install it. If the update is a tested version and not considered a beta, then we all get it as usual via the pop up notice we're used to.

Now, as for the temporary patches and speaking for myself alone, I'm foregoing them. I'll wait until official patches come out because I have no time to hassle with cross your fingers stuff right now. I was set to purchase, 3dXchange 5 but it appears it has some bugs too related to the particle issue. So I will hold off until I see an all's clear from RL.

Omen HP17t ck00 -- Windows 11 -- 32GB RAM -- Two 1TB Crucial M.2 NVME Drives -- nVidia Geoforce RTX 3070 -- 11th Generation i9 -- LG 32" QUHD Monitor

mark
mark
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.1K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
mark (4/20/2012)

message in my 64bit install. They seem to be working in the 32bit install. May still be the memory issue as they are pretty big project files 40meg plus in size.Wink

Well doesn't seem to be memory..... just loaded and older project that was 147 Megs and it loaded fine. Can't figure why some load and other do not....beta I guess BigGrin

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

colour
colour
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.6K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Exactly!

I also wasn't aware that the 64 Bit "Update" is a BETA Version, until after I installed it.Ermm

It would be unwise to Publicly BETA Test any Program, without finishing current Projects first, which some of us have unfortunately found-out, in this caseErmm

JasonWynngard (4/20/2012)
I'm requesting that Beta releases not be auto notices that result in users blindly trusting the "update" only find they lose time and work because the software won't perform certain functions.

In my case, I saw the "update" when I started iClone5, it didn't say nothing about being beta and since I trust the RL folks, I OK'd the installation. Now, my ecological project is at a dead stop because the animation projects using particles don't work. So I have to re-do it in iC4 which fortunately, I never did around to uninstalling.

My suggestion is if something is Beta, mass email users. Those who want to mess with a beta version do so and those who prefer not, don't install it. If the update is a tested version and not considered a beta, then we all get it as usual via the pop up notice we're used to.

Now, as for the temporary patches and speaking for myself alone, I'm foregoing them. I'll wait until official patches come out because I have no time to hassle with cross your fingers stuff right now. I was set to purchase, 3dXchange 5 but it appears it has some bugs too related to the particle issue. So I will hold off until I see an all's clear from RL.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

REALLUSION FORUM ANNUAL PINHEAD COMMUNITY PROJECTS.

New Pinhead Website & Project to be announced in September 2015

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edited
12 Years Ago by colour

Reading This Topic