Magic texturing from one picture two new G5 characters

Posted By W.VEEKE 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
W.VEEKE
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Magic texturing test 1

Wil Veeke-Reallusion Certified Content Developer

Member of:

The Content Wizards!

MrStockboto
MrStockboto
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.8K reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Another Very Impressive set!

Support your fellow enthusiasts by visiting:

Apparition
Apparition
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
God job Wil! Can I ask: What base is it? Is it your own base?

Impressive!

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

W.VEEKE
W.VEEKE
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (37.9K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Mike

This are standard G5 Gwynn characters and mesh, not one vertex changed. I used the showed picture as texture for both characters for upper,lower and shoes RL_skin (also nothing changed). This characters have the same vertexes count as the nude gwynn with her shoes on. The trick is done with the UVW-Unwrap. This way I can use any picture to texture the characters, you do not need any skill from a drawing program. I can also do this with the faces. It is handlabour, but i can say i do it everytime more faster. This two characters cost me only one hour to make the uvw map. You see the tone spot in in the left upper corner of the used picture to mach it with other faces.

Wil

Wil Veeke-Reallusion Certified Content Developer

Member of:

The Content Wizards!

Apparition
Apparition
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.5K reputation)

Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Oh! Wil! Great work! Clever idea too!
I do use Unwrap to touch up the linearity, mainly for vertical match of my cloth products.
As i mostly use planar mapping, rather than pelt, it is only needed to stretch by relaxing a little bit, then work with the UVW vertex to correct both maps in perfect match.
As you say, I did not understand if you applied new coordinates. I suppose so, because the default skin coordinates in RL system are really strange and difficult. Worse if used to do the marvelous work you did here.
Let me tell you are a great Digital Artist indeed!
I always admire the exquisite detail and shape in all you works.
Mike

Mike Aparicio-Reallusion Certified Innovative Content Developer

Reading This Topic