Posted By Harb40 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Smile
Harb40
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Greetings iCloners.  Some of you may remember seeing advertisements for the Passion Competition last year.  We had a great response and did have a few entries from the iClone community.  Hopefully this year we will see more.

The Harb40 Passion Competition now has it's own website.  General info, past competitions and winners, links to machinima engines, video hosting sites and more can be found there.  The site is improving all the time with new features in the works.  Check it out and stay tuned for more info on this year's competition.

Passion is my business.
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (4.5K reputation)

The redesigned website is now up. I added a forums section that is publically viewable but registration is required to post. You can reach the forums either by going to the main site or by going straight to the forums themselves.

I am still learning the ins and outs of web design so I have not been able to set up a link to go back to the main site once on the forums yet. I am working on that. So, to go back to the main site, you will need to manually do that.

I hope you like the new place to visit.

Passion is my business.
Edited
12 Years Ago by Harb40
Keith_MPS
Keith_MPS
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.7K reputation)

Typo in you hyperlink for the main site. mistyped "competition" results in 404 not found.

- Keith
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

gnasche (5/11/2012)
Typo in you hyperlink for the main site. mistyped "competition" results in 404 not found.

Thank you.  I fixed it.

Passion is my business.

Harb40
Harb40
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The redesigned website is now up. I added a forums section that is publically viewable but registration is required to post. You can reach the forums either by going to the main site or by going straight to the forums themselves.

I hope you like the new place to visit. I also added a page so people can get to know a little more about Harb40 on the main site.

For those who are interested in this competition, please go to the forums section and let your voices be heard. Who knows, the sponsors we already have, and those I am trying to get signed on, may look at the posts and help out more if they see more activity.

This will also give us some ideas of what you are looking for in a competition and keep the themes fresh. Let us know if there are any sponsors you would like to see and prizes you think would be good. Post them in the forums on the Passion Competition website current and future sponsors can see.

Passion is my business.
Edited
12 Years Ago by Harb40
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hitfilm has signed on as a new sponsor and will be offering a few copies of their great software for prizes. M.D. McCallum (aka War Lord) has also signed on and will be offering up a couple copies of his iClone Beginner's Guide.

Things are really looking up for this year's competition. All entries this year will go through the forums on the competition website.

Stay tuned for more updates.

Passion is my business.
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ladies and Gentlemen, it is time to reveal the prizes for the 2012 Passion Competition. I am sure everyone will like what they see this year:

1st Place:

iClone Animation Pipeline (3D animation and Game development software)
Moviestorm Max (Perpetual) or 10,000 MS points (3D animation software)
Hitfilm Ultimate (Special Effects and video editing)
iClone for Beginner's Guide
Sony Vegas Pro 11 (Video editing software)
Sound Forge Pro 10 (Audio creation and editing software)
Acid Pro 7 (Music creation software)

2nd Place:

iClone5 Pro
3DXchange5
1 Year Moviestorm Max or 10,000 MS points
Hitfilm Ultimate
iClone for Beginner's Guide
Sony Vegas Pro 11
Sound Forge Pro 10
Acid Pro 7

3rd Place:

iClone5 Standard
1 Year Moviestorm Themed Bundle or 8000 MS points
Hitfilm Standard
Sony Vegas Pro 11
Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
Acid Music Studio 8

4th Place:

Crazy Talk Animator
3 months Moviestorm Themed Bundle or 2500 MS points
Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Suite (includes Hitfilm Standard)
Sound Forge Studio 10
Acid Pro 8

5th Place:

3 months Moviestorm Themed Bundle or 2500 MS points
Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum Production Suite (includes Sound Forge Audio Studio 10)

** MS Points are for those who might already have the Moviestorm program **

To learn more about the competition, go here. Don't forget to sign up for the passion competition forums. The forums are where you will submit your films this year.

Passion is my business.
gavind1
gavind1
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
I'm quite surprised iClone5 Standard only finished 3rd. overall, I'm pretty much satisfied with the results.

Gavin D.
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The first of a series of video ads for the Passion Competition is now online.

You can see it on YouTube or Vimeo.

Passion is my business.
Harb40
Harb40
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

The 2nd video ad for the Passion Competition. Joseph Kwong shares his thoughts on passion.

YouTube

Vimeo

Voices:
Harb40
Joseph Kwong
A_N_D

Made with iClone5, Moviestorm, Sony Vegas, Audacity, Magix Movie Edit Pro, After Effects

To learn more, go to http://www.harb40passioncompetition.com.

Passion is my business.

Reading This Topic