Logo on Torso?

Posted By HatHead 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
HatHead
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 8 Years Ago
Hello,

I have spent several hours trying to put a logo on a torso. I'm sure this is a simple and common task however I have been unsuccessful at all my attempts.

My character is animated on the timeline exactly the way I want it however when I attach the logo prop to the character in Stage mode as per the documentation (I think), the character's animation is compromised (z-order).

I would really appreciate a more detailed explanation than the Help documentation (although it doesn't seem to be a process that can made any clearer)

It is extremely frustrating as I have spent several hours trying to accomplish what should be, and probably is, a very simple task,

Many thanks for any help!
Edited
12 Years Ago by HatHead
HatHead
HatHead
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.2K reputation)

Found this great tutorial:

http://youtu.be/-Fs-19fSW84

However my cursor does not allow me to select specific sprites on the character after pressing the link button.

EDIT: Solved it. There were props on my screen that had opacity set to zero as they faded in later. Switching them to invisible in the Scene tab allowed me to make the link.
Edited
12 Years Ago by HatHead
HatHead
HatHead
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

NOT SOLVED.

The logo needs to be inside the z-order hierarchy of the character as the arms should pass in front of the logo while remaining on top of the torso so linking as a prop is not the solution.

When I copy the prop into the Accessories folder in an attempt to make it appear as an accessory, it still does not work.

Many thanks for any help!
Edited
12 Years Ago by HatHead
HatHead
HatHead
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

SOLVED.

A bunch of steps....

* Create a prop for your logo by dragging the logo image onto the stage
* Select the character whose torso you want to put a logo on
* Press the Character Composer button
* You can see the prop in Character Composer even though you can't see it in Stage Mode
* Place and size the prop (logo in my case) on the character's torso
* Hide or delete any other sprite body parts so you have just the torso showing without any other sprites touching it
* Make the torso bigger, about three or four times the size (as the actual size won't be big enough to import later on for some reason)
* Take a screen print (I used alt-PrintScreen)
* Exit the Character Composer without saving your changes
* Use an image editor to create and edit the torso image you will replace later. I removed everything in the PrintScreen image except the torso. The background needs to be transparent. I saved my image as a .png
* Select the character again in stage mode
* Click on the torso
* Click on the Sprite editor button
* Replace the torso image with your new one.
* Position and size your new torso to fit accordingly
* Press the Back to stage button and save your changes.

Hope this is helpful for others.
Edited
12 Years Ago by HatHead
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
You can do what you want without resorting to recreating the body sprite where the logo will go.
1) Create your logo.
2) Drag it onto the stage or import as media.
3) Zero it's x & y position using the transform button and save as a prop.
4) Delete logo prop from stage.
5) Put your actor on the stage.
6) Go to Character Composer with actor selected.
7) Click on Prop button in composer mode and add the logo prop.
8) Position logo in place and attach to body part (upper torso or where ever).
9) Go back to stage updating the actor on the stage.
10) Select the actor and you will now see the logo in the layers for that object so it can be moved behind the hands and arms. Adjust as needed.

The "Link" on the stage is different from the "Attach" in the character composer.
Using the Attach in Composer mode adds the prop to the layer list for that actor.
The Link in Stage Mode only connects the objects together but not as one object but separate objects.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Reading This Topic