Profile Picture

rolling custom-made eyes by default

Posted By alexdobras 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
alexdobras
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 10 Years Ago
could CTA implement rolling custom-made eyes by default, so that is a separate entity for PUPIL like it is for upper torso or right hand , so we could use Sprite editor to do this .??

it's so frustrating and time consuming to need to use adobe flash or drawplus to make this simple thing.
alexdobras
alexdobras
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)Senior Member (497 reputation)

i just did this tutorial, done everything it says and cannot make the pupil move with pupeteering tool :|

it's so frustrating Sad
alexdobras
alexdobras
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

just did this tutorial https://forum.reallusion.com/FindPost80388.aspx

still the pupils don't puppet!

please implement pupils in cta

i'm this close to quit it :|
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
alexdobras (2/26/2012)
i just did this tutorial, done everything it says and cannot make the pupil move with pupeteering tool :| it's so frustrating Sad

I can understand the frustration but the process described in the tutorial does work if followed precisely. Have you ensured that when you are in Puppeteering you have selected the eyes themselves in the Solo Feature Selection window?

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
I've attached a sample file for a rollable eye.
It will work in both DPx4 and DPx5.

Is the only problem that the eyes don't move?
If so, check that you have renamed each object on the pupil layer as "pupil".
The layer label does nothing, each objects on that layer must be labeled "pupil".
Only those objects named "pupil" will be moved.

Check out the attached example and maybe you will see what you missed.

Otherwise describe exactly what the problem is or upload your file and I'll take a look at it for you.

Jeff

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

alexdobras
alexdobras
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

jlittle: i tested your files, and works perfectly in CTA

HOWEVER: when i do my eye, it never works, no matter what kind of eye i do, will never work on CTA, i don't understand what i do wrong, if i do any

please take a look at the file, and tell me what's wrong.

quote: "I can understand the frustration but the process described in the tutorial does work if followed precisely. Have you ensured that when you are in Puppeteering you have selected the eyes themselves in the Solo Feature Selection window?"

it's frustrating, because there's no easy way to do it, plus one need to have another software to do it, and mostly even if you have that other software STILL won't work. I think a lot of customers will be liking the pupil feature, if it was one

please help with the file!

UPDATE!
nevermind, i found the problem.

i needed to update the DrawPlus. I hade version 12.0.0.something and now 12.0.3 something.

after that i was able to make the eye.

have you got any idea how to make rolling eyes inside Illustrator ?

Attachments
test.zip (101 views, 11.00 KB)
Edited
12 Years Ago by alexdobras
alexdobras
alexdobras
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

do you have any idea how to animate a character switching positions from front, in one frame, to profile, in other frame ?

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: 1 hour ago
alexdobras (2/27/2012)
do you have any idea how to animate a character switching positions from front, in one frame, to profile, in other frame ?

Answered in another thread.

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

MyCartoonLibrary
MyCartoonLibrary
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)Senior Member (383 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
If you are having a problem with the rollable eye check what "Face Animation Profile" you are using in the "Face Puppeteering Panel".

Right Click on character.
Select Puppet Editor
-Face
In the Face Puppeteering Panel pay close attention to the number selected (1-6)

The "4_Attractive" eyes do not roll for me. Select any of the other five and try it. I almost went crazy trying to figure out what I was doing wrong.

mrcead
mrcead
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Months Ago
Hello Everyone! Forums are wonderful tools. I was looking for a better "how to" for Rollable Eyes and I came here looking for answers. I am using Flash and I was frustrated also. I watched the video above for clues even though I do not have draw plus. Thankfully the tutor mentioned that the pupil elements must be grouped in their own layer and named Pupil - proper spelling / capitalisation and all, then CTA will recognize them. CTA is calling for a specific name - Pupil and if it doesn't find it, it won't animate them because it can't. It is only because I have had many many headaches in Flash being a designer and not a programmer where I forgot to fill out the Instance name field and my game didn't work right did I remember - how else would actionscript know what symbol is what? Thanks for jogging my memory and now my pupils animate. Hope this tip helps other people.

Make your layers (must use an Actionscript 2 .fla file, not Actionscript 3)

Mask - mask goes here. This must be the top layer.

Pupil - Pupil pieces all grouped into one movie clip symbol with an instance name called Pupil , not just the layer - or it won't work - believe me, it won't work. This must be the middle layer.

Image - Your eye outline goes here.
Apply the mask layer to the pupil layer - it is automatic in Flash. This must be the bottom layer.

Load your eye to test and breathe a sigh of relief, your done. No special tricks to get them to work. It is really easy and you'll slap your forehead once you get it.

Cheers!

Reading This Topic