Profile Picture

Feedback Request

Posted By pphil 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
pphil
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Would appeciate any feedback on the CTA file attached. The path of the ball is particularly difficul to set - seems to keep changing. Also problems trying to get the ball to turn as it moves forward.....Crazy At present I'm keyframing each character movement - not so successfully and wondering if its bettter do it this way to build the skill or mask out packaged motions and tweak them. Any tips??
Thanks in advance....
pphil
Attachments
rollball.zip (69 views, 1,015.00 KB)
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
The biggest problem I saw was that you forgot to unlink the ball from the actors hand as he released it.

To get the ball to rotate: at various points along the trajectory (not every frame) just rotate the ball. CTA will automatically move from one position to another so if you adjust the rotation of the ball 90 degrees every 10 frames or so CTA will move it for you from one position to the next.

With rotation you have to be careful you don't rotate it to far from the last position (i.e. > 180deg) for CTA will take the shortest route and you could end up having the ball rotate in the opposite direction.

I've attached an adjusted version here and on the web HERE.

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

pphil
pphil
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)Senior Member (386 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Thanks Jeff. Very helpful... no probs with the zip file by the way...

Reading This Topic