More control over the content manager

Posted By AverageJoe 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
AverageJoe
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Right now, if we wish to structure our purchased content in a fashion that makes it easier to find things, such as logical grouping of characters, new folders, etc... we can only do so in the Custom tab, even though they may not in fact be custom characters.

For example, I have all of the Cartoon Solutions characters (why do I keep buying these damn things???), but in the default content manager they are each in their own folder, making for a very long list of folders in the content manager.  Wheat I'd like to do is create a folder for the Cartoon Solutions characters, then perhaps even sub-folders for categories (Male, Female, etc...).  but I cannot because the content manager isn't editable in any way.  We're locked into the folder structure it was installed with.

I suppose we could muck about with the actual directory system at the OS level, but that would most likely impede any updates and patches.

So please give us the ability to edit, group, and move the purchased assets around as we want to in the content manager.  This goes for scenes, props, characters, etc... Everything.  Because I can certainly organize it better than it's default state.

jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Yesterday
I have the same problem but I went and mucked with the actual directories.
Yes, there might be some issues IF there are any updates to the content but so far updates to content are rare (as they should be).

IF you are going to move files around there is one consideration I'd like to point out: The template area (vs Custom) is write protected. That is, any files in the template directory can not be overwritten from within CTA as they can be in the custom directories.

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 39 minutes ago
Thanks for the suggestion. This will be passed to the CTA development team. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic