Profile Picture

Fuzzy, low quality when JPEG gets imported into CTA....

Posted By mqq2 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
mqq2
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)Senior Member (358 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Hello,

I created a MS Paint background image, and it looks quite crisp and clear, with sharp and distinct borders and edges when I see it stand alone. 

When I import it into CTA though, the quality seems to drop, the colors get sort of faded, and the edges get blurry...

I basically just imported it in via the CTA GUI (custom)....

What's up with this import behavior? 

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
What is the size of your saved image from MS Paint? If it is very small then this will affect quality.

Also what are you using the image for? If it is for a background in CTA then it should be quite large to start with. Small images will be stretched to fit the background and any stretching will cause a loss of quality unless you are using vector images.

What you can do is try dragging the image into your CTA window as a Prop. This will add it at its default size and won't be stretched in any way. This should then retain the same quality as the original image. You will then be able to see if you need to make the image larger in MS Paint.

Lastly try using a different format like PNG and see if that makes a difference.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Kawatzakka
Kawatzakka
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
I am having problems with the clarity of the background image when it gets imported into CTA. 

This is what I do:

I make a background image with DrawPlus (the software suggested by CTA), and export 2 test copies:

1 JPEG with 300 dpi

1 PNG with 300 dpi

I import them as custom backgrounds, and as soon as they pop out in the CTA background they loose all their sharpness and become dull, with somewhat blurry lines. 

I think you can see the difference here...it seems anything I try comes out blurry when imported into CTA???

What is the problem here?

------------------
Win 7 64 bit - DirectX11 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 16 GB RAM - Intel Core i7-2600 @3.40GHz 3.40GHz

Kawatzakka
Kawatzakka
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.7K reputation)

I tried changing the "Max real time map size" to:

8192x8192, then tried to import the PNG file I have posted in this thread, and CTA crashed.

4096x4096, tried to import the PNG file I have posted in this thread, and CTA imported an empty black square....

...???

------------------
Win 7 64 bit - DirectX11 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 16 GB RAM - Intel Core i7-2600 @3.40GHz 3.40GHz

Kawatzakka
Kawatzakka
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Same settings, tried to import the JPEG ones, both crashed CTA.

------------------
Kawatzakka
Kawatzakka
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

So basically, CTA keeps on crashing until we bring everything back to 512x512...so back to square one, image is still blurry...

------------------
Kawatzakka
Kawatzakka
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Sooo, any thoughts on how to fix this fuzzy imported image issue?

Any ideas why CTA keeps on crashing?

We have 16 gigs of memory and Nvidia GTZ 560 Ti with the latest drivers...

------------------

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
CrazyTalk Animator can work with images up to 8 megapixels in size (This is approximately a maximum of 4000 x 2000). Images larger than 8 megapixels are automatically resized.

The suggested character sizes for best results in CTA are as follows:

Actor Heads - At least 750 x 750

Actor - Bodies - At least 1000 x 1000

Actor - Hands - At least 200 x 200

For backgrounds you would want an image that fills the background with limited stretching. A small image will need to be stretched and this will always results in a loss of quality. Try an image that is close to your monitor resolution and see how this looks.

Now obviously crashing when opening images shouldn't be happening and isn't something I can reproduce. For this issue I would advise you contact Support using the link below. They will be able to look at your dxdiag.txt log file to see where the problem is coming from.

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

dnvntr
dnvntr
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Hi,

I'm getting the same problem. I have a CTA PRO trial version and when I upload images as props, they all look very blury except when I uploaded the face portion. Like Veteran, you can see here the comparison that the images I did on photoshop is very different from when I imported a few images to CTA (the window and the background portion)

original image (PNG 300 dpi)

CTA imported image

there's a huge difference between the two... files keep getting uploaded blurry. Any other solutions?

I took note that it's got to be between 4000x2000px and the image was less than this, but the image still got blurry. I didn't upload as background because that made it more blurry so I used as PROP instead.. hope anyone can help. Smile

thanks,

Edited
12 Years Ago by dnvntr
dnvntr
dnvntr
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

sorry the image I uploaded occupied the entire page!!! woah... but anyway, that's the image i'm working on... BigGrin

Reading This Topic