Wish List for Next Upgrade

Posted By nicholaskorn 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
nicholaskorn
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (944 reputation)Veteran Member (944 reputation)Veteran Member (944 reputation)Veteran Member (944 reputation)Veteran Member (944 reputation)Veteran Member (944 reputation)Veteran Member (944 reputation)Veteran Member (944 reputation)Veteran Member (944 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
I've been working with CTA for the past few months, and figured I would add two items to the wishlist:

1 - Export to QuickTime/MOV. I work primarily on the Mac, using Bootcamp to run CTA, and it would be great not to have to convert my files. Although the software I am using reads AVI files, they are so large, it's helpful to transfer them to something smaller.

2 - Create a walk cycle preset for characters facing/heading to the right. I know the current preset can be changed using the "flip" command, but not all characters are symmetrical, and creating a inverted set of faces and body parts has slowed down my workflow at times.

Other than that, great product. I just finished my first animated movie with it - Revel's Rivals. You can check it out on my web site: www.nicholaskorn.com.

Thanks for the opportunity to make recommendations!
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
nicholaskorn (1/27/2012)
I've been working with CTA for the past few months, and figured I would add two items to the wishlist:

1 - Export to QuickTime/MOV. I work primarily on the Mac, using Bootcamp to run CTA, and it would be great not to have to convert my files. Although the software I am using reads AVI files, they are so large, it's helpful to transfer them to something smaller.

2 - Create a walk cycle preset for characters facing/heading to the right. I know the current preset can be changed using the "flip" command, but not all characters are symmetrical, and creating a inverted set of faces and body parts has slowed down my workflow at times.

Other than that, great product. I just finished my first animated movie with it - Revel's Rivals. You can check it out on my web site: www.nicholaskorn.com.

Thanks for the opportunity to make recommendations!

This posting made me remember somethin gelse sorely needed... Being able to flip indivisual body parts. Primarily the head... Imagine the body looking one way, but the head looking first one way, then the other.  You cannot do this in CTA today.

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thank you for the suggestions. They will be passed to the CTA team. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

bg38
bg38
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.3K reputation)

Last Active: 5 Years Ago
Not sure if this is in CTA already, but how about a direction motion control layer for the characters like in iclone ?
You know, open the 'edit motion layer ' panel , select the hand, foot, etc. and move it where you need it to animate the figure with a motion you need for your show.
If this is already in CTA, just overlook this post, i've been awake for two days now Hehe Gotta love insomnia Doze

Photobucket
jlittle
jlittle
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (6.7K reputation)

Yes, that is already in CTA.
Use either the Puppet Editor or the Motion Key Editor depending upon what you are looking for.

Get my Plugin Manager and TaskNotes plugins for iClone.
Check out EZColors and Other products for CTA/CA. EZColors: the easy way to change Render Styled (RS) colors!
See my CTA Tutorials on the YouTube channel CTAStepByStep

vidi
vidi
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (31.5K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
As info I have a huge wish list for CTA 2 post in the german boad already. I hope it will be passed to the CTA team too .Blush

Here now my lasted wish
I wish optional additional a "bone" for the toes. I think it looks better for walking Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------
liebe Grüße vidi

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Hi Vidi

I will pass your suggestion to the CTA team. Thanks for your feedback.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic