iClone 5.23 Update - Now Available

Posted By Peter (RL) 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
LarryPlane
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: Last Month
Cypher Wolf (4/20/2012)
Have problems opening new project that I just saved last night with this new 5.2 update. both 32bit and 64bit are having the problem...

"Fail to load file. If this is a .vns file, please switch to project page and try again."

I've tried to drag and drop and project in to the scene. same thing happen.
I've tried to open the project from the project content manager... same message...
I am able to open older project just fine, this only happen with newer project that I just save last night...

This appears to be a problem if you ADD particles to a scene then save it and try to reopen it later. It may happen with other iClone elements, but so far I have only been able to reproduce the problem with particles.

Best bet is to ONLY work with back-up's of your project files and keep the originals isolated.

RL are aware of these problems and hopefully a fix will be released soon. Hopefully this fix will unlock those projects that now fail to load.

Paul

LarryPlane
LarryPlane
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.8K reputation)

martok2112 (4/20/2012)
Another little glitch I'm noticing is that cameras do not come up in the timeline editor.

You mean you can't see the cameras on the timeline?

LarryPlane
LarryPlane
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

colour (4/20/2012)
I stand to be corrected, however, IMO, AVCHD isn't an Export File Format & was Developed by Camcorder Manufacturers as a Highly Compressed High Definition RecordingFormat for storage purposes.

AVCHD is in fact unpopular, because it's impossible to Edit it on the majority of home PCs without converting to DV-AVI or MPEG-2 HD beforehand.

Possibly several hundred Posts on the Pinnacle Studio Forum testify to thatsince it was firstintroduced.

RobertoColombo (4/20/2012)
Will we get AVCHD format with the final release ?
It is the most popular HD format today and also makes it possible to not lose in quality when rendered videos are inserted into some NLE editor for the final post-production and rendering.

I would agree with this. AVCHD has been a format that has wrked better for camera makers than camera users who want to edit on a computer.

Cellygon
Cellygon
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
Paul_Ekert (4/20/2012)
Cypher Wolf (4/20/2012)
Have problems opening new project that I just saved last night with this new 5.2 update. both 32bit and 64bit are having the problem...

"Fail to load file. If this is a .vns file, please switch to project page and try again."

I've tried to drag and drop and project in to the scene. same thing happen.
I've tried to open the project from the project content manager... same message...
I am able to open older project just fine, this only happen with newer project that I just save last night...

This appears to be a problem if you ADD particles to a scene then save it and try to reopen it later. It may happen with other iClone elements, but so far I have only been able to reproduce the problem with particles.

Best bet is to ONLY work with back-up's of your project files and keep the originals isolated.

RL are aware of these problems and hopefully a fix will be released soon. Hopefully this fix will unlock those projects that now fail to load.

Paul

you're right, it's the particles....

----------------------------------------------------------
My latest release for CC

For all my other iClone contents, click here.

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
Paul_Ekert (4/20/2012)
martok2112 (4/20/2012)
Another little glitch I'm noticing is that cameras do not come up in the timeline editor.

Right. When I pull up the the timeline editor, and try to get a camera (Say: "Viper Chase Cam") to appear on the timeline, it won't appear. Project, props, so far, those seem to appear, but the cameras did not....when I click on the "Viper Chase Camera" it won't appear in the timeline editor.

"Incompetence will always prevail so long as evil men stand by and do nothing."
-Martok2112

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (7.7K reputation)

Peter (RL) did state earlier that the particle problem was being urgently addressed by the developers, and is being worked on....hopefully with a fix very soon. Smile

-Martok2112

martok2112
martok2112
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Ok....now for some points I've found, both good and bad, with the 64 bit beta so far.

The good:
MASSIVE polygon capabilities. A shot I just completed involved 299 PROPS, a single flyby camera, a starfield Sky texture. FACECOUNT: Well over 8 million. Filesize: 443MB. My computer didn't even seem to break a sweat. I did this shot based on the reports I've seen of users being able to load upwards of 50+ avatars (which is massive polycounts indeed).

Yes, eagerly awaiting more formats to be able to output to...but I must say, I am now THOROUGHLY impressed with .AVI (which is the only output format available in the 64 bit beta). Even though initial playback was choppy, and the filesize was something that damn near gave me a heart-attack (6.7 GB), when I converted it to Hi-Def (1080p) .mp4 format, the picture played smoothly, and the resolution was magnificent, and it was only 23MB!

The bad:
Cameras are not coming up on the timeline/key-frame editor. This would've come in very handy for making some very dynamic camera banks and turns during my fleet fly-through shot.

I won't even mess with particles until I know this has been fixed. Smile

The ugly:
Me. Smile

So, so far, I am enjoying the living hell out of using the 64 bit beta version of iC5 PRO. Knowing that I'll be able to not only do epic space battles, but be able to populate my bridges with more avatars for recording....I am lovin' life! Smile

I give it a 4/5. Smile

-Martok2112

LarryPlane
LarryPlane
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

martok2112 (4/20/2012)
Paul_Ekert (4/20/2012)
martok2112 (4/20/2012)

Right. When I pull up the the timeline editor, and try to get a camera (Say: "Viper Chase Cam") to appear on the timeline, it won't appear. Project, props, so far, those seem to appear, but the cameras did not....when I click on the "Viper Chase Camera" it won't appear in the timeline editor.

I cannot reproduce this either with a new project or a saved one. Can you give me a 1 to 10 procedure to show this bug?

mark
mark
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (12.2K reputation)

Last Active: Yesterday
Same here. Cameras show up in 64bit timeline Keyframes and all Smile

PROMO-BACK2
Click here to go to my YouTube Channel filled with iClone Tutes and Silly Stuff

Visit ANIMATED PROJECTIONS Powered by iCLONE

Intel Core i7 3960X @ 3300MHz Overclocked to 4999.7 MHz Sandy Bridge 24.0GB DDR3 @ 833MHz Graphic Display HP ZR30w 
GeForce GTX 980Ti 6GB  Microsoft Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1 ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. P9X79 WS (LGA2011)

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.1K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Hi Everyone

We have now issued a temporary fix for the issue that prevents projects being reloaded if they contain particles. You can find the download and install instructions by following the link below.

https://forum.reallusion.com/Topic119871-281-1.aspx

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic