iClone 5.23 Update - Now Available

Posted By Peter (RL) 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 2 hours ago
New 5.21 update released today. Please download from your Member Account or via LiveUpdate. Please see version notes below.

iClone Version History

v5.21 (v5.21.1627.1 ) released 27th April-12

• Fixed: Popup message "Raise Left Cheek" crashing under some special conditions.
  • Fixed: Could not reload projects containing particle effects.
  • Fixed: "Terms Of Endearment" & "Argument's Motion pack" content packs were not working properly.
  • Fixed: Device Mocap was not working in 64Bit OS.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

muratcizer
muratcizer
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)New Member (7 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 4 Years Ago
hi,
after updating my timeline window dissapeared.Cant get it back.I try f3 but still nothing happens.What can i do?
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Peter (RL) (4/30/2012)
New 5.21 update released today. Please download from your Member Account or via LiveUpdate. Please see version notes below.

iClone Version History

v5.21 (v5.21.1627.1 ) released 27th April-12
  • Fixed: Popup message "Raise Left Cheek" crashing under some special conditions.
  • Fixed: Could not reload projects containing particle effects.
  • Fixed: "Terms Of Endearment" & "Argument's Motion pack" content packs were not working properly.
  • Fixed: Device Mocap was not working in 64Bit OS.

The Raise Left Cheek Still happens. The 1st Prop (VNS) that I added to an active scene caused it to "Rear" it's ugly head.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.9K reputation)

muratcizer (4/30/2012)
hi,
after updating my timeline window dissapeared.Cant get it back.I try f3 but still nothing happens.What can i do?

If you are confident using the Registry Editor then you can do the following to get the Timeline back. WARNING: Editing Windows Registry is NOT recommended for those who are unfamiliar with registry editing. Be sure to backup your registry prior to making any changes.

1) Click Start > Run > type Regedit in the run field.
2) Delete the following key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Reallusion\iClone\5.0\Dlgpos\P10

4) Open iClone again and your timeline should be back.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Cricky (4/30/2012)
The Raise Left Cheek Still happens. The 1st Prop (VNS) that I added to an active scene caused it to "Rear" it's ugly head.

Thanks for the notification Cricky. I will pass your findings to the development team.

It seems our old friend "Raise Left Cheek" is refusing to disappear completely. Wink

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rfacko
rfacko
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Last Active: 6 Years Ago
I was glad to see 5.21 update and installed.  Since I updated to 5.2 I have been unable to run Mocap.  Tech support has been trying to find a way for me to install so that my Device Manager recognizes my Xbox 360.  They insist that I have remnants of past drivers lurking on my hard drive but I have no idea how to find or remove them.  They suggested I contact Microsoft.  No thanks.  That quagmire is a nightmare.  Does anyone, ANYONE at all, have ideas, suggestions, etc?  I refuse to blame it on the fact that Kinect for Windows is now the way to go -- I purchased the Xbox 360 the moment the the first Mocap became available.  It has worked fine.  Oh, yes.  I do have a new computer with Windows 7 Professional. 

Hurting in Florida

hgagne
hgagne
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
rfacko (4/30/2012)
I was glad to see 5.21 update and installed.  Since I updated to 5.2 I have been unable to run Mocap.  Tech support has been trying to find a way for me to install so that my Device Manager recognizes my Xbox 360.  They insist that I have remnants of past drivers lurking on my hard drive but I have no idea how to find or remove them.  They suggested I contact Microsoft.  No thanks.  That quagmire is a nightmare.  Does anyone, ANYONE at all, have ideas, suggestions, etc?  I refuse to blame it on the fact that Kinect for Windows is now the way to go -- I purchased the Xbox 360 the moment the the first Mocap became available.  It has worked fine.  Oh, yes.  I do have a new computer with Windows 7 Professional. 

Hurting in Florida

Hi rfacko,

It's possible that your system contains phantom device drivers.  Phantom device driver references are essentially drivers which are present on the system but are not displayed until the device is physically connected - the most common types are USB-based.

Phantom devices can cause all sorts of issues including display adapters not being recognized, usb devices failing to initialize, etc.  The most efficient way of cleaning phantom device drivers is to display hidden devices and uninstalling them.  Once the phantom devices are uninstalled, the system must be restarted.

Assuming your O/S is Windows 7, you must set the DEVMGR_SHOW_NONPRESENT_DEVICES system environment variable.  Once set, you can invoke the Device Manager and select the Show Hidden Devices from the View menu.  Use the Windows Logo + Pause/Break key combination to display the computer system information; from there, you can select Advanced System Settings and Device Manager.

Win2K/WinXP/WinV/Win7: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

Afterwards, look at this URL to identify and remove any Kinect related drivers:

http://faq.reallusion.com/index.php?action=article&cat_id=011001006002&id=493&lang=

Once the phantom device driver references are removed, ensure that you have uninstalled all OpenNI, PrimeSense, Microsoft Kinect packages via Programs And Features.  During this process, ensure that the Kinect device is not physically connected to your system.

Cheers,

REF Url's

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315539

http://faq.reallusion.com/?action=category&cat_id=011001006

http://www.reallusion.com/iclone/help/iclone5/PRO/default.asp?page=08_Animation/Device_Mocap/Using_the_Device_Mocap_Panel.htm

Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
Dual 22" LCD Monitors

iClone 5.5 Pro, 3DXchange 5.5 Pipeline, CrazyTalk & Animator Pro
Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2014
Adobe Production Premium CS6

Edited
12 Years Ago by hgagne
rfacko
rfacko
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.6K reputation)

Hi, Hgagne:

That is a thorough response with much information.  I'll certainly try to find the hidden items.  Tried once already but I hadn't removed the kinet beta driver.  I'll try that tomorrow and see what happens.  Thanks a million for the time and care.

rfacko - now hurting a bit less

rfacko
rfacko
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Hi, hgagne

I followed all of the steps involved, unplugged, re-installed but I still get nothing.  My computer will not recognize the X-box so I am still at square one.  Perhaps one day Reallusion will find a working answer.  I can't use the Mocap at all now but I just have to accept that.  Again, thank you for all of your suggestions. Should anyone else read this and have an idea, I welcome all suggestions.

hgagne
hgagne
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
rfacko (5/1/2012)
Hi, hgagne

I followed all of the steps involved, unplugged, re-installed but I still get nothing.  My computer will not recognize the X-box so I am still at square one.  Perhaps one day Reallusion will find a working answer.  I can't use the Mocap at all now but I just have to accept that.  Again, thank you for all of your suggestions. Should anyone else read this and have an idea, I welcome all suggestions.

Just to confirm the steps you followed:

1. Added the Global Environment Variable from the MS KB and set it to '1'.
  2. Launched Device Manager and selected Show Hidden Devices.
  3. Looked through the USB and other media related nodes for Kinect, PrimeSense, and OpenNI phantom drivers and uninstalled them.
  4. Uninstalled any Kinect related packages OpenNI, PrimeSense, MSBeta, etc. from "Add/Remove Programs"
  5. Restarted worktation.
  6. Installed the RL MSBETA drivers.
  7. Physically connected the MS XBOX Kinect device.

Assuming the above sequence was followed, it's possible that:

1. There's a conflicting USB device physically connected; try temporarily removing USB devices excluding KB and Mouse.
  2. There's an issue with the physical USB port; try a different port.
  3. Another phantom device driver is causing an issue; review all of the nodes (specially USB) and uninstall any phantom device drivers for items such as KB, mouse, display adapter, usb devices.  Ignore the restart prompt until you have removed all phantom drivers ... then restart.
  4. The systemboard firmware and/or drivers need to be updated.
  5. The external power adapter required for the XBOX Kinect to function on a PC is not supplying sufficient power.
  6. Windows 7 User Account Control (UAC), Driver Signing, and/or an Anti-Virus program is blocking the installation of the drivers.

Have a look at the Windows Event Viewer, you're likely going to see event messages in the Application and System logs around the time you install and connect the XBOX Kinect device to the system.

Cheers,

Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
Dual 22" LCD Monitors

iClone 5.5 Pro, 3DXchange 5.5 Pipeline, CrazyTalk & Animator Pro
Autodesk Entertainment Creation Suite 2014
Adobe Production Premium CS6

Edited
12 Years Ago by hgagne

Reading This Topic