Profile Picture

Making a 75 minute movie and the wishlist that would make this process better

Posted By Chris George 12 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!

Making a 75 minute movie and the wishlist that would make this process...

Author
Chris George
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (2.1K reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Hi,

My name is Chris George. I originally created the youtube series "FRIED RICE" http://www.youtube.com/friedricetv and now I have moved on to a 75 minute full feature film also to be released on you tube. My main tool is Crazy Talk animator pro. I also use Hitfilm Ultimate and various video editors depending on scenes.

This is process is extensive. I have a cast of 17 voice actors from around the globe and numerous musicians/bands also donating their skills and time to this project. Originally starting off as a 20 minute short film, I thought, why not go full feature. I can do this.

Crazy Talk animator proved a real success for the series but as I progress further and further in to this film numerous issues arise or limitation that with some creativity I overcome and gets you thinking about what could be done in Crazy talk. I have posted before but as I am working my latest action fight scene I thought I would discuss what would of great use.

Primarily I am using the toons. The realusion toon characters/ builders are best they give the best picture at 1080p. Other content packs work but to be honest do not fit 100 percent. Reallusion need to release more of their own toon packs, bits and pieces for building characters and scenes, from animals to robots. Aliens and monsters.

Althought 2d, the ability to add shading and shadows on the fly would be a nice addition and help giving a production a more pro look. At the moment tests in grading the end footage will allow me to compensate some what but not achieving exactly what I want.

Using hit film, I add various particles fx. This is done by creating a scene and much like I would do in live action I often render the scene with out a character and then render the scene against a green backdrop to allow me to composite fx both in front and behind the character. I even create a green screen prop to stick behind a character remove later for different fxs as well.

Built in particle fx's like smoke, etc would also be a great asset

Since my story has a lot of emotional content/dramatic scenes Eyes and face expressions play a major part. CTA needs a better developed eye system. Pupil control, eye movement would offer animators a huge tool box of emotional direction

The same with hands. having hands hold something realistically is somewhat hard. Perhaps developing this maybe of use.

Different Toon angles would also allow to get better shots.

Iclone has a lot great features lets hope they can move a cross into CTA2. Kinnect for example.

As work to finishing this huge project I have already begun planning the sequel and hope CTA2 will be ready to implement into the work flow

Well I have said enough for the moment. my feature awaits. It wont animate itself...lol.

So any thoughts let me know.

marketing@friedricetv.com

Please also check out the following:

Teaser 1

Teaser 2

Teaser 3

Season one of Fried Rice

Official Site

AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
I have to completely agree about the quality of the RL character versus the Cartoon Solution characters.  The CS characters don't look as good, and they don't animate as well as the RL characters.  We certainly need more a more diverse variety of RL characters, but with the same quality as the originals that came with CTA!
Paumanok West
Paumanok West
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (11.0K reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
wizaerd (1/22/2012)
I have to completely agree about the quality of the RL character versus the Cartoon Solution characters. The CS characters don't look as good, and they don't animate as well as the RL characters. We certainly need more a more diverse variety of RL characters, but with the same quality as the originals that came with CTA!

My guess is that the most important goal for a next version of CTA is to improve character creation.

General Picture - animating now to life itself(tm)
Member of Content Wizards
AverageJoe
AverageJoe
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (10.7K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Months Ago
Paumanok West (1/22/2012)
wizaerd (1/22/2012)
I have to completely agree about the quality of the RL character versus the Cartoon Solution characters. The CS characters don't look as good, and they don't animate as well as the RL characters. We certainly need more a more diverse variety of RL characters, but with the same quality as the originals that came with CTA!

My guess is that the most important goal for a next version of CTA is to improve character creation.

I sure do hope so...

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.7K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
Thanks for sharing your thoughts Chicago. I will pass these to the CTA team to review.

Good luck with the movie. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rambofinch07@gmail.com
rambofinch07@gmail.com
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)New Member (4 reputation)

Last Active: 12 Years Ago
Yes, i am agree with you.

Reading This Topic