Projects are cut off when exported

Posted By eliza.skywalker 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
eliza.skywalker
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
I just made my first CT 6 project and tried to export it as avi-file. But every time I export what I get is only 1 minute long - the rest of my 2 minutes long project is cut off. I checked the script length and project length - it's both 2 minutes.

What can I do to get the project exported in full length?
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: 6 hours ago
Please check that you do not have a tick in Export Specified Section under the Output Settings. This defaults to 1 minute so could be the problem here.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

eliza.skywalker
eliza.skywalker
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)Veteran Member (655 reputation)

I checked this section and (tried to) change it, but it did not work - the exported video was cut after 1 minute.

I think I know where the problem is, but do not know how to fix it. Look this picture:

On the left side of the timeline there is a grey marked part and on the right side a red marked part. The exported part of the video is the grey one. I tried to group the grey and the red part, but that doesn't work. Any ideas?

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
It looks as if your Project length is only 01:00:02 therefore the Output can't be any longer than the entire project allows.

eliza.skywalker (12/28/2011)
I checked this section and (tried to) change it, but it did not work - the exported video was cut after 1 minute.

I think I know where the problem is, but do not know how to fix it. Look this picture:

On the left side of the timeline there is a grey marked part and on the right side a red marked part. The exported part of the video is the grey one. I tried to group the grey and the red part, but that doesn't work. Any ideas?

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
eliza.skywalker
eliza.skywalker
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

It was my first idea that the problem occured because of the project length, and I changed the project length more than once and changed the export length in the export-area, too. But the project length always was set back to 1 minute when I started exporting - and - of course - the exported video stopped after the grey part.

I think the problem is the red part of the script (I do not know why it is marked red - I cannot change the color).

(Sorry if I sometimes use the wrong expressions for functions - I am working with the German version and do not know all English terms.)
Cricky
Cricky
Posted 13 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
You may have to reset the start time and then re-import the audio portion to set the recorded output correctly. The program length was too short for the imported audio, so it is, in effect cutting it off as not part of the project.

You can always save the settings you have for Facial edits, SFX, etc. before setting the overall project length and doing the reload.

Saving specific areas and reloading them is covered in the help files.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)Distinguished Member (115.8K reputation)

eliza.skywalker (12/28/2011)
It was my first idea that the problem occured because of the project length, and I changed the project length more than once and changed the export length in the export-area, too. But the project length always was set back to 1 minute when I started exporting - and - of course - the exported video stopped after the grey part.

When you make changes in the Project Length or CTS Length boxes you must press Enter/Return to set the new time. If you don't it will revert back to the default length of 1 minute. This sounds like the problem here.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

eliza.skywalker
eliza.skywalker
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Thanks a lot for your answers.
@cricky: I started a new project, changed the project length and imported the audio-file again - and now it works fine.

@Peter: I just tried your tipp on the first project - and you are right: It seems that I forgot to press the "enter" key after changing the project length - shame on meBlush!
Sometimes it's the simple things that make the difference.Wink

Btw: Happy New Year!
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Happy New Year. Glad you have the problem sorted now. Smile

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

Reading This Topic