Profile Picture

My mocap device is not being recognized

Posted By kcanache 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
chuboy
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 6 Years Ago
Hiya, i've tried everything but still getting this ' Initiation fail. (65565BigGrinevice not found) '
Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 12 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

Group: Administrators
Last Active: Yesterday
For all issues with the Mocap Device Plugin please first check out the FAQ HERE.

For your particular issue, please see the link below which explains how to try and resolve this issue.

http://faq.reallusion.com/index.php?action=article&cat_id=011001006002&id=454&lang=

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rodneyhaun
rodneyhaun
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
I am using Windows 8 and all installed well and my device driver seems to be fine:

Although, like everyone else - I click connect and get "initiation fail".  I get no error number.  And yes, I have my Kinect plugged into my computer and to power.

I clicked on each of the items in the device manager and it says - "The device is working properly".

I tried an earlier post to install the driver from Berklin?  That didn't work for me.

Thoughts?  I am on the trial and have a use for this, but not going to pay $140 unless the product actually works.

Thanks,

Rodney

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (116.0K reputation)

rodneyhaun (7/3/2013)
I am using Windows 8 and all installed well and my device driver seems to be fine:

Although, like everyone else - I click connect and get "initiation fail".  I get no error number.  And yes, I have my Kinect plugged into my computer and to power.

I clicked on each of the items in the device manager and it says - "The device is working properly".

I tried an earlier post to install the driver from Berklin?  That didn't work for me.

Thoughts?  I am on the trial and have a use for this, but not going to pay $140 unless the product actually works.

Thanks,

Rodney

Which version of Kinect and the Plugin do you have? It's possible you have the wrong plugin installed.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

rodneyhaun
rodneyhaun
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)Junior Member (190 reputation)

Last Active: 3 Years Ago
Got it - the SDK Beta 2 driver will work with Windows 8.  Plus I have the Kinect for Xbox. Didn't realize there was a difference. 
Dudicus
Dudicus
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)Senior Member (342 reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
This is extremely frustrating!!! I WAS having the same problem as the original post but instead of getting the problem fixed it has only gotten worse. Now I can't even open the Mocap plugin and in addition I cannot use my Kinect with Brekel anymore which was working fine up until I read and tried the solutions within this post. Now I hve a flashing Green light on the xbox kinect and it doesn't stop. The camera works fine as I plugged it into my laptop and got good results. But after this threads "help" it seems as though it has done nothing but destroy the camera's usability. Now when I go to open my iclone plugin it reads, " The ordinal 29 could not be located in the dynamic link library MSRKinectNui.dll." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and have gained nothing from it. I am running Windows 7 and have tried to install the latest drivers for the XBox Kinect 360 camera and it dosen't work.

Edited
11 Years Ago by Dudicus
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Weeks Ago
ugh, i hate when that happens!! Crazy.....have you tried uninstalling with Revo Uninstall ?

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Sometimes when you uninstall a program, it leaves certain files behind in case you ever wish to re-install the software. sometimes these files have *.ini files that keep settings that may not agree with your computer - so you can reinstall all you want, the bad settings will come back. Firefox does that! Revo 'often' helps with this as it looks for any registry entries, and extra files left behind by the uinstaller. I say, often...not always, because sometimes program scatter files and leave no indication of where the file was placed or that it's even related to the program, so Revo would have no idea where to look.

Warning, becareful what you allow revo to erase, because it may take other things with it that you didn't want erased, It will give you a page of choices of what to delete, just don't accept them blindly so you don't accidentally erase assets you wanted to keep.

I hope this helps. - Good luck!

Peter (RL)
Peter (RL)
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Dudicus (8/23/2013)
This is extremely frustrating!!! I WAS having the same problem as the original post but instead of getting the problem fixed it has only gotten worse. Now I can't even open the Mocap plugin and in addition I cannot use my Kinect with Brekel anymore which was working fine up until I read and tried the solutions within this post. Now I hve a flashing Green light on the xbox kinect and it doesn't stop. The camera works fine as I plugged it into my laptop and got good results. But after this threads "help" it seems as though it has done nothing but destroy the camera's usability. Now when I go to open my iclone plugin it reads, " The ordinal 29 could not be located in the dynamic link library MSRKinectNui.dll." I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers and have gained nothing from it. I am running Windows 7 and have tried to install the latest drivers for the XBox Kinect 360 camera and it dosen't work.

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

Please contact us at Support by using the link below. We will help you sort out the problem. Smile

http://www.reallusion.com/CustomerSupport/User/QForm.aspx

Thanks.

Peter
Forum Administrator

www.reallusion.com

camvan
camvan
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
[font=Arial][/font]
Hi,
i have a sample the problem,when i started the mocap device plugin program and click a connect button I get this message
Connecting to Mocap Device
Initation fail
what did i do wrong?
thank you
Sp3c1alk
Sp3c1alk
Posted 3 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.3K reputation)

So... had the trial version. Worked decent enough. Purchased the full version. Uninstaller the trial. Installed the full. Get the shortcut on my desktop, which works fine, however it will not connect to iclone7.  I also had a link in iclone for kinect with the trial that doesn't show up for the paid version. Removed and reinstalled. What am I doing wrong?

Reading This Topic