Profile Picture

[Archive] CRAZYTALK 4 Refuses to install

Posted By Anonymous 17 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Anonymous
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)

Group: [0]
Last Active: -
Hi there,
Running WIndows XP Professional

Have downloaded the trial version of Crazy Talk 4 on my PC at work and on 2 PC's at home and get the same problem.

It almosts completes the installation and then I get this error message........(screenshot)

At this point I checked my Program Files folder and the REALLUSION folder had been created with various folders and files and
it was also listed in START / PROGRAMS as this screen shot shows................

When I click OK from the first screenshot, everything gets un-installed again and I'm back to square one.

Now I have downloaded this 3 times already, tried 3 different systems and still no luck.

Any ideas,...........................

Regards
Jerry
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)New Member (0 reputation)

Dear Jerbear

Thanks for your error info.

The product team has checked to see if you lose any required data when downloading the installer.

We will reply to you with a solution soon.

Thanks
Visconti
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Well it's now April 27th.

4 days since my post,

3 days since your reply to tell me the product team was looking into it.

and only today do I get e-mail confirmation that the product team are looking into my problem.

So I'm looking to possible buy this software, but not without a trial run and yet the trial version will not install and product team
seem to be in no hurry to get back to me.

Now let me ask the question!

Are you REALLY trying to sell ths software?

If so....this is not how to do it.
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Well we're now into the 8th May and I have to assume that you people couldn't care less if you sold another copy of CrazyTalk.

My first request for help ws on the 23rd April and still I haven't received any help worth talking about.

I have carried out the few tasks you requested to no avail but your "Product Team" have still not responded.

Technical support here is rubbish, and I'm only at the trial stage.
I'd hate to see what it would be like if I had actually parted with my money to by a program that won't install.

I managed to get a 7 day trial version of Crazy Talk and Web Edition v3.1 and it installed perfectly, no problems. Yet this new version 4.xxxxx just won't install and of course it's someone else's fault. The Installer program I think you blamed.

OK So assuming it is.....why not use your own install program?

Let's get this problem sorted. Stop Blaming and start fixing.

Yep! You guessed it......I'm disgusted at the lack of help from this forum and company.

Jerbear
Anonymous
Anonymous
Posted 17 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

Hi, Jerbear

We are really sorry to keep your case pending for long.
After the confirmation from our product team, we know this problem results from Installshield.

According to the technical forum of InstallShield, the error type "0x800" could be solved by following ways,

1) Clean up the system temporary folder, by default it should be at "C:\Documents and Settings\YOURUSERNAME\Local Settings\Temp", then try to install again;
2) If there's any Anti-Virus or Anti Spyware in your system? If yes, please turn it off temporary
3) If you're running the other applications while installing, please stop them first then try to install again.
4) Before you install the program, I suggest you might start one round of Scan Disk and Virus scan.

If those couldn't solve the install problem, please let me know and send me DxDiag.txt.

========================================
How to get DxDiag.txt?
1) select the "Start" menu, click "run"
2) input "DxDiag" and click "ok"
3) it will check your system for a while, after finish, click "save all information"
4) send the "DxDiag.txt" to me.
========================================

Thanks for being patient
sorry again

Visconti

Reading This Topic