iClone5 Issues Thread

Posted By Peter (RL) 13 Years Ago
You don't have permission to rate!
Author
Verklagekasper
Posted 11 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Veteran Member

Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)Veteran Member (847 reputation)

Group: Forum Members
Last Active: 11 Years Ago
animagic (9/4/2013)
I just did the test and can confirm Kasper's findings. You do need to load each file in Virtualdub in order to notice the issue. Then just step through the frames. In my case there were duplicate frames for both files in the beginning, but after frame 20 or so, only city1.avi had duplicate frames.

Thank you for checking and confirming the problem! So I'm not alone with this phenomenon.
JessicaSumption
JessicaSumption
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)New Member (1 reputation)

Last Active: 10 Years Ago
Hello,
I am having trouble importing rigs created from Cinema 4D. I can import the auto rigger rig from Cinema 4D Studio verison into the program fine, but it includes extra unnecessary nulls and joints. I've attempted building a rig from scratch in Cinema 4D with the iclone naming structure and it will let me import it but it won't recognize it or allow adjustments to be made.

Do you have any suggestions on how to build a proper rig in Cinema 4D and import it into iclone?
planetstardragon
planetstardragon
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)Distinguished Member (23.2K reputation)

Last Active: Last Week
fbx for the most part is a pita - while it may be one format, many developers create them differently causing instability when trying to use those fbx files in another software.

have you tried converting the fbx from C4D through the free autodesk fbx converter ? It will convert fbx to fbx. Not saying this will work, but maybe it will help normalize the file ?

http://www.autodesk.com/products/fbx/overview

another way to possibly do it ...which can be annoying is use another software as a mediator - meaning if C4D is compatible with say 3DS Max, then maybe send the file first to max, then save an fbx from 3DS max, which is more compatible with iclone.

Magique
Magique
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Last Active: Last Year
I've reported this issue before, but didn't get anywhere. Previously I reported it as an issue with the book prop from the Content Store, but the issue just occurs for anything. So here goes again. Here are the steps to reproduce.

1. Drop a wall prop in the scene
2. Double click the diffuse texture and load a custom texture. You'll see incorrect texturing, but it's not too far off.
3. Click the Apply button for the texture properties.

You'll see that the texturing changes drastically and is all messed up. Now, since no texturing parameters were changed, the Apply button should not have changed anything. Once the parameters have been changed manually and re-applied then proper texturing occurs. Note that none of the settings available ever allow you to get back to the initial way iClone mapped the texture onto the object. And if you were to put the defaults back and import another texture then you simply get the messed up texturing immediately.

Cricky
Cricky
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Skype ID= learn.iclone

Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)Skype ID= learn.iclone (13.4K reputation)

Last Active: 2 Years Ago
Magique (2/18/2014)
I've reported this issue before, but didn't get anywhere. Previously I reported it as an issue with the book prop from the Content Store, but the issue just occurs for anything. So here goes again. Here are the steps to reproduce.

1. Drop a wall prop in the scene
2. Double click the diffuse texture and load a custom texture. You'll see incorrect texturing, but it's not too far off.
3. Click the Apply button for the texture properties.

You'll see that the texturing changes drastically and is all messed up. Now, since no texturing parameters were changed, the Apply button should not have changed anything. Once the parameters have been changed manually and re-applied then proper texturing occurs. Note that none of the settings available ever allow you to get back to the initial way iClone mapped the texture onto the object. And if you were to put the defaults back and import another texture then you simply get the messed up texturing immediately.

The walls are actually Planar flat mapped when you bring them in using the original UV it was created with.

When you hit the apply button you are telling it to change that flat map to whatever the default is, which is "Planar X", unless you choose another UV option.

Just change the UV mapping option to "Box" Z, or one of the others, until you achieve what you want, and the material applies correctly.

If you look at the UV map of the wall it has multiple areas on it, thus the Unwrapped and flattened UV texture.

SKYPE ID: rc.650

http://city.reallusion.com/store/ModuleExpand.aspx?id=GS634545170497417354&mdid=18866

http://city.reallusion.com/ContentTag.aspx?tagname=Cricky&AuthorID=20081020688550191201#]Reallusion Store Content

" If I had Alzheimer's (Old Timers), would I know it? "
Magique
Magique
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)Distinguished Member (1.9K reputation)

Cricky (2/18/2014)

The walls are actually Planar flat mapped when you bring them in using the original UV it was created with.

When you hit the apply button you are telling it to change that flat map to whatever the default is, which is "Planar X", unless you choose another UV option.

Just change the UV mapping option to "Box" Z, or one of the others, until you achieve what you want, and the material applies correctly.

If you look at the UV map of the wall it has multiple areas on it, thus the Unwrapped and flattened UV texture.

I think you're missing my point. If the texture params are set to Planar X when I load a texture then it should start off as Planar X. Else it should change the GUI to show what it's really mapped as. This is a bug in my opinion. Plus, since no combination of params ever allows you to map it the way it initially comes in then what's the point of that initial mapping anyway?

animagic
animagic
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)Distinguished Member (32.5K reputation)

Last Active: 6 hours ago
The parameter settings assume texturing a single surface or otherwise predefined geometry. The wall has multiple surfaces, so there is no way you could revert back to the original. I usual take the existing diffuse as a model and texture in an external editor.

BTW, this is existing behavior and not specific for iClone 5. 

https://forum.reallusion.com/uploads/images/436b0ffd-1242-44d6-a876-d631.jpg

Magique
Magique
Posted 10 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

animagic (2/18/2014)
The parameter settings assume texturing a single surface or otherwise predefined geometry. The wall has multiple surfaces, so there is no way you could revert backto the original.I usual take the existing diffuse as a model and texture in an external editor.

BTW, this is existing behavior and not specific for iClone 5.

OK, so I do understand the behavior and I do know how to apply the correct mapping, but I still think it's a bug. Why not map the texture to the default setting?

One issue I saw yesterday was that we mapped a video texture to a 3D text object and the initial mapping was actually the only way it looked the way we wanted. But when I tried different mappings, I could never get back to that first application and had to undo until I got back to it.

abla.us
abla.us
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile

New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)New Member (10 reputation)

Last Active: 9 Years Ago
THIS IS AN ICLONE 5&6 QUESTION:

In crazy talk animator, when i import an images I'm given three options 1. prop 2. image layer 3. background

for import images using prop and image layer option the show/hide button appears. At any point in time i can hit the button and the image at that point stops being visible for the rest of the movie if i wish.

I want to change my english labratory from microsoft agent scripting helper. The labratory is changing the image layer/prop about every 20 seconds.

FOR IMPORTED IMAGES inclone 6 does not allow for prop or image layer option AND THE SHOW/HIDE OPTION IS NOT ACTIVE.

What don't i understand. How can i show/hide imported images at a desired point in the movie?

i take great pride in solving these kind of problems on my own, but after 2 weeks of trying i haven't found the answer.

Dr. Paul Gene McCoy
wires
wires
Posted 9 Years Ago
View Quick Profile
Distinguished Member

Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)Distinguished Member (15.0K reputation)

Last Active: 3 days ago
@alba.us

Your question has been answered in the iClone 6 thread.
Posting all over the place is not the best way to get answers.

Gerry

System: Win 10 Pro (21H2), Asus X99-E WS, CPU i7-5930K -3,5 GHz, 32 GB DDR4 2666-16 RAM, NVidia GTX 1080 Ti GPU - 11 GB VRAM(Driver Studio-536.99), Samsung 850 Pro 512 GB SSD, 6 TB HD storage.

Reading This Topic